Clare Byrne show

This show should have subtitles, I struggled to understand some of what she was saying.

I see she did the usual *look away, shake head, and generally ignore* what the Fine Gael councillor was saying.

Another lad giving out about private developers wanting to make money out of student accomodation. At least developers actually want to work and contribute something to society, for which they are both motivated by and deserving of profits.

What was the craic with that Army one from Dundalk at the beginning? Did I miss something or was there no context given to how she ended up going from 8 years in the army to living in the back of a car?

Jesus Sean Gallagher. Cringe @ his "candle in the window" line.

The army crowd are looking for a few bob more, what exactly do they do ? granted alot of them go on peacekeeping duties but not sure thats a regular occurance for a good majority of them.

Ireland has a good reputation for peace keeping I know but should the army be ultra financed so as just to fund that side of things Im sure they are capable of sending out a solid force abroad if needed.

Seems to me alot of it is to do with them not being able to strike ?.

Also alot of them cant afford rent, aint most of the country like that ?.

The army crowd are looking for a few bob more, what exactly do they do ? granted alot of them go on peacekeeping duties but not sure thats a regular occurance for a good majority of them.

Ireland has a good reputation for peace keeping I know but should the army be ultra financed so as just to fund that side of things Im sure they are capable of sending out a solid force abroad if needed.

Seems to me alot of it is to do with them not being able to strike ?.

Also alot of them cant afford rent, aint most of the country like that ?.

And like they're on salaries, they're hardly on minimum wage are they?

It seems an increasing theme in the media, the suffering and poor conditions of our defence forces. God help us if there's ever a war or an event that requires our army and navy to have thick skin.

Why can people on minimum wage working in bars and Penny's afford rent, but full time defence force employees (with a pension) are sleeping in cars?

Margaret cash on she says she hopes the government resigns.

Wouldn’t be great if nobody had to work and get everything they want at the same time, that woman needs to wake up to the real world. As for Claire Byrne entertaining this shitbag, she obviously has nothing better to do with her airtime.

And like they're on salaries, they're hardly on minimum wage are they?

It seems an increasing theme in the media, the suffering and poor conditions of our defence forces. God help us if there's ever a war or an event that requires our army and navy to have thick skin.

Why can people on minimum wage working in bars and Penny's afford rent, but full time defence force employees (with a pension) are sleeping in cars?

I saw a clip of the training camp in Kilworth on television lately and they have an on site chef with the best of food, no need to buy dinner every day and they still can’t afford rent. It’s a bit like the Garda Sargents wife on 60k a year and she couldn’t afford food and had cornflakes days, these stories don’t add up.

Byrne is like some bizarre hodgepodge of Live at 3 and a news show. Dumbed down to the Nth degree.

Jesus, switch over to Newsnight on BBC2 if you want to see how a current affairs show should be made.

I used to watch her show week in week out but gave up when i saw her outside a dublin hospital ( The Mater in think ) interviewing nurses doctors and other staff out in the pouring rain all for the sake of ratings ,that was enough for me and as previously said its newsnight for me since.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Please! Club Night

The Pavilion, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼