Best martial art....

Which is the most dangerous?

• Total voters
I always tell people that if they want to learn self defense, join a running club and learn to sprint. Don't mind krav maga or any of those other bullshit courses on self defense.

I realise it's already been discounted from this discussion, but as you mention it.
Krav Maga was designed specifically to give someone a quick beating before they can scream for help, then you can run away.
The Jews didn't have much time to get the job done in 1940 so escape was always the goal.

TKD isn't a fighting style though is it.....it's grand for point-scoring competitions and looks fantastic, but in 'real-life' it isn't worth a shit.

Agreed,

Try fighting someone in a bathroom cubicle with jumping spinning kicks and see how far you get.
.......if only they'd hold a board up nice and steady.....

I know of two tae kwon do black belts who got their asses handed to them in separate street fights.
By lads with no training whatsoever I might add.

I know of one lad who is a black belt in shotokan and had the same happen to him.
Most martial arts were designed for a 16th century battlefield when you lost your sword.
Not too practical in a modern setting.
Most 'street fighters' are borderline sociopaths anyway, they expect to get battered in a fight.

TKD isn't a fighting style though is it.....it's grand for point-scoring competitions and looks fantastic, but in 'real-life' it isn't worth a shit.

Do you even know what this thread is about?
You're about 20 seconds away from a sleeper-hold you will NOT be able to escape.

Anthony Pettis.

His kicks are TWD based and he knocks people the fuck out with them.

you said it yourself - tkd BASED....he's far far far from a tkd fighter though and trains in lots of styles.....as do all modern mma fighters (the days of single discipline fighters are long gone)

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

1st Jun 2024 @ 6:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼