Best martial art....

Which is the most dangerous?

• Total voters
As someone involved for donkeys years, I'd say the best option is to run away!!!!

Impossible to say really....if a fight stays on the feet, then boxing/thai boxing probably best option as it's effective strikes at close range if needs be.

If a fight goes to the ground (and it's 1-1, that's a big AND)....then something like jiu jitsu or judo is quite useful as you can get a strangle or choke hold on IF you know what you're doing.

I always tell people that if they want to learn self defense, join a running club and learn to sprint. Don't mind krav maga or any of those other bullshit courses on self defense.

I'd go for muay thai as the knees and elbows are so effective at close quarters if your opponent gets too close for punches and kicks.

Grappling is ten times more effective in a street fight.

It's very hard to land a clean blow and cause you're bare fisted you might break your knuckles against these thick skulled neanderthals

Best thing is to take him to the ground and either repeatedly bash the back of his head off the tarmac or if you're skilled in Brazillian ju-jitsu choke him out or break his arm.

Muay Thai. It's all about quick close range fighting using your knees elbows fists kicks etc. A small bit of wrestling to help prevent you getting thrown to the floor or off the floor fast would help as well which is always a good idea because in a street fight there is always a friend ready to stomp on your head when you hit the ground..

Wasted 5 years doing aikido as a smallie,
made the change over to thai-boxing and learned more practical skills in a few months than i ever did with 'the way of divine harmony'.

I reckon a combination of boxing and judo is the way forward (most fights finish up on the ground)
Then again, a good street fighter would take out a martial artist most of the time.

As someone involved for donkeys years, I'd say the best option is to run away!!!!

Impossible to say really....if a fight stays on the feet, then boxing/thai boxing probably best option as it's effective strikes at close range if needs be.

If a fight goes to the ground (and it's 1-1, that's a big AND)....then something like jiu jitsu or judo is quite useful as you can get a strangle or choke hold on IF you know what you're doing.

I always tell people that if they want to learn self defense, join a running club and learn to sprint. Don't mind krav maga or any of those other bullshit courses on self defense.
I'd have to agree with you here.

Wasted 5 years doing aikido as a smallie,
made the change over to thai-boxing and learned more practical skills in a few months than i ever did with 'the way of divine harmony'.

I reckon a combination of boxing and judo is the way forward (most fights finish up on the ground)
Then again, a good street fighter would take out a martial artist most of the time.

I know of two tae kwon do black belts who got their asses handed to them in separate street fights.
By lads with no training whatsoever I might add.

I know of two tae kwon do black belts who got their asses handed to them in separate street fights.
By lads with no training whatsoever I might add.

TKD isn't a fighting style though is it.....it's grand for point-scoring competitions and looks fantastic, but in 'real-life' it isn't worth a shit.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Not Another Disco

The Pavilion, Tomorrow @ 10pm

More events ▼