An Open Letter....

Lads, As a committed Fan of the real game I can Promise ye this.

I will not be in attendance at this particular game, And I wish ye all the best.

At least yer crowd seem to have a bit of heart and a never say die attitude.

And thew best of luck.

Ye know that the same shower afflicted the hurlers back when they were on their run.

If we just had the same supporters there in September as we had yesterday, we wouldn't be going far wrong. Got behind the team when it looked like the game was slipping away, roared the house down for the last ten minutes and contributed hugely to a fantastic atmosphere.

I was at the KK match and at the end I said to A Cork fella behind me "At leats Cadogan will be available for the footballers now". He said something along the lines of "Oh fuck them, I wouldn't support them in a fit".
He's probably looking for a ticket for the final today.

I'd be of a differing view. The hurling fans can fuck off.

I've been listening to some of these guys talking about lack of bottle and letting the county down for a few years now. It all re-emerged after beating Tipp this year and the footballers lost to Kerry, they were almost delighted by it. The beatings the hurlers are taking at the hands of Kilkenny now are the equivalent of anything Kerry have dished out to the footballers.

I'd prefer if they stayed away. There was a great Cork crowd there today. Got behind the team when the chips were down.

Are you including people like me in this? I prefer hurling to football, but I go to both. I was there yesterday and I was at all the matches bar the final last year. I admit that I'm not as familiar with all the players as some (I know their names, but not their clubs, apart from Goulding and Sheehan as they're Eire Og).

Are you including people like me in this? I prefer hurling to football, but I go to both. I was there yesterday and I was at all the matches bar the final last year. I admit that I'm not as familiar with all the players as some (I know their names, but not their clubs, apart from Goulding and Sheehan as they're Eire Og).

If you support both then I'm not including you.

It baffles me that someone could support one and not the other. I've not commented much on the GAA this year, mainly because I've only been to two games. I don't know why it suffered but it did. I've had a hundred other things going on and once I missed the first game it made it easier to miss the next. I'd love to go to the All Ireland to watch the footballers but if I get a ticket I'll be passing it on - I think you should earn your right to be there and I definitely haven't this year. Well done to the footballers. They play second fiddle for the majority of the time but personally I'd love to see it take over for a few years.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Outsound,oghma, Even Angels, Shadows Calling

Fred Zeppelins, Today @ 8:30pm

More events ▼