An Open Letter....

To the thousands of diehard Cork football fans who will be attending their first game of the season in 4 weeks time.

Ye might get behind the lads this year
Ye might shut the fuck up about hurling and hurlers, at least for the duration of the game
Ye might go to the trouble of at least learning the players names and clubs, it won't take long

Otherwise, welcome aboard.

I'd be of a differing view. The hurling fans can fuck off.

I've been listening to some of these guys talking about lack of bottle and letting the county down for a few years now. It all re-emerged after beating Tipp this year and the footballers lost to Kerry, they were almost delighted by it. The beatings the hurlers are taking at the hands of Kilkenny now are the equivalent of anything Kerry have dished out to the footballers.

I'd prefer if they stayed away. There was a great Cork crowd there today. Got behind the team when the chips were down.

Last year's final was a low point for me. So many people left before the final whistle muttering things like 'I should have known better than to have any faith in that shower' and 'I'm never going to another Cork football match again'. Fuckin glory-hunting cunts.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The 2 Johnnies
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

30th May 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Jazz Improv! all players welcome

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 9pm

More events ▼