Abandoned Buildings in Cork - Suggestions??

I have recently been walking with my friend in the grounds of a few abandoned buildings around Cork. We're only walking and taking photographs so I was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions??

We have been up to St. Kevins and we have attempted to gain access to the Good Shepherds in Sunday's Well but it has been fenced off from the public. We have been looking at this website: http://www.abandonedireland.com/

Here are a few places we're interested in looking at:
Coláiste Iosagaín in Ballyvourney
Marino House (which I think might be in Cobh)
Fort Camden in Crosshaven
Hoddersfield House (Which I think is somewhere around Ringaskiddy)
Corry's Farm (Not too sure where it is)

If you know where they are could you please tell me the best way to get to them and if they are still accessible please? If anyone can offer any interesting places to go I'd be delighted!! Thanks :D

https://m.facebook.com/pages/Fort-Camden-official-info/132008073513941?id=132008073513941&_rdr

There is a small castle (folly) built on the back of Fota island you can see it from the link road,Im not sure how to access it from the road but I did go around it by Kayak once a while back, quite an erie place.Might be worth a look.

There is a small castle (folly) built on the back of Fota island you can see it from the link road,Im not sure how to access it from the road but I did go around it by Kayak once a while back, quite an erie place.Might be worth a look.

Thanks I will check it out.... We did manage to gain access to the Magdalene Laundries in Sundays Well a few days ago, it was very creepy but great for photographs.

I have recently been walking with my friend in the grounds of a few abandoned buildings around Cork. We're only walking and taking photographs so I was wondering if anyone could offer some suggestions??

We have been up to St. Kevins and we have attempted to gain access to the Good Shepherds in Sunday's Well but it has been fenced off from the public. We have been looking at this website: http://www.abandonedireland.com/

Here are a few places we're interested in looking at:
Coláiste Iosagaín in Ballyvourney
Marino House (which I think might be in Cobh)
Fort Camden in Crosshaven
Hoddersfield House (Which I think is somewhere around Ringaskiddy)
Corry's Farm (Not too sure where it is)

If you know where they are could you please tell me the best way to get to them and if they are still accessible please? If anyone can offer any interesting places to go I'd be delighted!! Thanks :D

The Corry Farm is in Glountane--former home of one time TD and reputed Old IRA Executioner Martin Corry --Consult the Book " The Year of Executions" by Gerald Murphy for photographs and more information.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Complete Stone Roses
The Oliver Plunkett, Oliver Plunkett St.

1st Aug 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Henry Glassie: Fieldwork (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 8:05pm

More events ▼