Places that won't reopen

The hospitality industry are whingeing bastards. Costs have increased for every industry in the economy yet they think they’re entitled to special treatment above all others.
Maybe, maybe not. They’re advocating in their own interest and that of their business and, presumably, their livelihood. Can’t really blame them. At the end of the day the market will determine who survives and who doesn’t.

The hospitality industry are whingeing bastards. Costs have increased for every industry in the economy yet they think they’re entitled to special treatment above all others.
Well multi billion dollar corporation's get special treatment all the time, which I'm fine with with btw as they employ a huge portion of the population including myself but I'd like to see more done for small businesses.

Call them whining bastards all you want but they are closing up shop left, right and center on a weekly basis and people are losing their job.

We hear this prudent paschal harping on all the time about how great our budget suplus is, great dedicate a small fraction back to helping out an industry we all enjoy that's on it's knees.

Well multi billion dollar corporation's get special treatment all the time, which I'm fine with with btw as they employ a huge portion of the population including myself but I'd like to see more done for small businesses.

Call them whining bastards all you want but they are closing up shop left, right and center on a weekly basis and people are losing there job.

We hear this prudent paschal harping on all the time about how great our budget suplus is, great dedicate a small fraction back to helping out an industry we all enjoy that's on it's knees.
Reducing the VAT rate for one sector would not save one job. I’m not saying the cost of running a business isn’t outrageously high but those costs are far more complex than just VAT.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Roots Festival: Niall McCabe

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼