Worst thing about Aging?

My mum has Parkinson’s along with osteoarthritis, is clinically disabled. Very hard to see and over the past few years, explored avenues with my parents but they are extremely stubborn and are so set in their ways, to suggest alternative care, possible homes is met with pretty firm rebuttal. Its mentally draining on everyone. Both in their 70s and now its just managing quality of life.

Couldn't agree more m8. I love old people and listening to their stories of yesteryear and so on.

Better than any history book or documentary.
When i was between 6 and 9 years old in the 50ties word would spread that the Cadburys ship with the Chocolate crumb was in for the factory in Rathmore. We would all go down to collect the spillage from the lorries that were being loaded. The man on the crane always made sure that there was plenty for everyone. Chunks as big as an apple and sometime one as big as a melon. The expression Happy Days definitely was appropriate on those days.

Some people have no choice in the matter, depending on circumstances such as how many siblings there are and if the parent is living alone.

🤔

It's not fair though. Old folks homes are there for a reason!
🤔
No. Sometimes the family don't have the nursing skills that the old person needs and literally can't cope.
That's what you replied to m8.
No one mentioned nursing skills, you just tacked that on to make it seem less fair.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼