Worst thing about Aging?

My mam is 82 and im very close to her, sadly she is showing early signs of dementia, preparing ourselves for it to deteriorate as time goes by,

Sorry to hear that jimmy. Alas one of my siblings got it very early and it is an awful awful affliction. "The long goodbye". They look the same but alas where once there was character and craic and a bit of divil you can see now there's nothing behind the eyes. And strangers look on and don't understand that the person, the character you knew and loved has dwindled and gone. And there comes a day when they don't even recognise you. F**king awful disease that doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.

Best of luck with her Jimmy and see after her and make sure you and your siblings get to spend as much time with her as ye can.

Sorry to hear that jimmy. Alas one of my siblings got it very early and it is an awful awful affliction. "The long goodbye". They look the same but alas where once there was character and craic and a bit of divil you can see now there's nothing behind the eyes. And strangers look on and don't understand that the person, the character you knew and loved has dwindled and gone. And there comes a day when they don't even recognise you. F**king awful disease that doesn't seem to get the attention it deserves.

Best of luck with her Jimmy and see after her and make sure you and your siblings get to spend as much time with her as ye can.
My mams sister suffered from dementia at 55 years of age, it was frighteneing to see a woman who was always so witty and sharp descend
to a shadow of what she was, needed constant watching and monitoring, so so sad,

My mams sister suffered from dementia at 55 years of age, it was frighteneing to see a woman who was always so witty and sharp descend
to a shadow of what she was, needed constant watching and monitoring, so so sad,
My mother is similar but it's more senility I think. Can't remember things and a lot of confusion

Depends on circumstances- some siblings have issues to deal with in their own homes and just can’t contribute as much.
So?
If a sibling is prepared to provide a good later life for a parent then they deserve to be rewarded for it. It's the parents money not the kids. Why should a sibling look after your parent for nothing? If you got a nurse or care assistant in to help would you pay her/him? Then why not the sibling who does the caring?
It's not an easy job a lot of the time.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ă“ Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

DJ Val

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼