Woke School Alert...

Not too many people have that money. It creates elitism. Saw it in my own days in UCC. The Christians and Pres lads thought they owned the place. And here I was a public school educated lad in the same place as them.

I did wonder about the chip you appear to have on your shoulder alright. ;)

Some people spend their money on expensive nights out, foreign holidays, fancy clothes, jewelry, cars etc. Others think it more important to make some sacrifices and try give their kids as good an education as they can reasonably afford. My wife and I fall into this latter category. There are more expensive schools but I'm happy to send my youngster to CBC.

I did wonder about the chip you appear to have on your shoulder alright. ;)

Some people spend their money on expensive nights out, foreign holidays, fancy clothes, jewelry, cars etc. Others think it more important to make some sacrifices and try give their kids as good an education as they can reasonably afford. My wife and I fall into this latter category. There are more expensive schools but I'm happy to send my youngster to CBC.
Are you seriously that out of touch that you think people spending their money on these things is what is preventing them from paying nearly 5k a year in school fees? Good Lord.

Are you seriously that out of touch that you think people spending their money on these things is what is preventing them from paying nearly 5k a year in school fees? Good Lord.

I guess I must be. The fact that I'm paying to send my youngster to CBC means that I can't afford a big foreign holiday or flash car that many of my colleagues have - my youngster's fees aren't even 4K pa by the way but it's still a very big sum.

BTW, I also pay for private health insurance as well as private education for my son. I guess it's all about priorities and where and on what you want to spend your disposable income.

I guess I must be. The fact that I'm paying to send my youngster to CBC means that I can't afford a big foreign holiday or flash car that many of my colleagues have - my youngster's fees aren't even 4K pa by the way but it's still a very big sum.

BTW, I also pay for private health insurance as well as private education for my son. I guess it's all about priorities and where and on what you want to spend your disposable income.
So people who don't send their children to private schools are prioritising themselves (and their cars holidays etc) over their children?

I have private health insurance also, fortunate that my employer pays for it for me and my family. I don’t see the need for private education. Plenty of excellent public secondary schools. Chriost Ri boy here and my son will be going there too when his time comes. Just haven’t told my wife yet!!!

The fact it's all boys would really put me off.
Each to their own though I suppose.

The fact it's all boys would really put me off.
Each to their own though I suppose.

I do agree that a mixed school does have some advantages, and more so for boys I think. It's just that CBC seemed a good fit for our lad and the clincher was the fact that he really wanted to go there as so many of his pals from primary school were going there too.

It's not an exact science but the missus and I are quite happy with our decision at the moment.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼