wi-fi extender query

bizarrely vodafone won't give or even sell me a second one of their own modems

they don't even have a list of modems/routers/switch models they recommend

it's all so frightfully peculiar, not to mention discombobulating

If your with sky for the internet and the internet isn't reaching a part of the house, ring/tell sky about your problem say you tried everything and they will send out a free WiFi extender box to you.

we're not with sky, I offered to buy another modem/router from Vodafone but they won't sell me one even though I'm with them already for the siro, dunno what the hell is going on with them

got the cable working out to the studio from the house, luckily I had a 1gb switch already bought so that solved one problem so the desktop Mac has access to broadband again now

purchased the Asus wifi router someone above mentioned but it's insanely complicated to install so still no wi-fi in the studio unfortunately for my two laptops, I have a sort of cable adapter that works in them but wi-fi access would be better

naw, the Asus router installation is beyond me non techie capabilities alas

why the hell they make these things so feckin complicated I'll never know, just plug and play would do, like

why the hell they make these things so feckin complicated I'll never know, just plug and play would do, like
We'd be out of a job 😥

I got the BT extender in currys. Slightly clunky as its a separate network with the same name but the connection is very solid. (And no faffing about to set it up)

What router you get in the end?
I will try simplify instructions and get it as close to plug and play for you.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Bernard Casey (Local Gossip) and Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

22nd Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Thursday Tours

Crawford Art Gallery, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼