What happens if you over-criticise the Taoiseach during the election campaign?

What happens if you over-criticise the Taoiseach during the election campaign?

You get sacked by RTE.

They're dropping Vincent Browne from their schedules.

While there are times that I find him infuriating, he has made a massive contribution to political journalism over the last 25 years. Back in the 80s, he was the only person asking Haughey the questions that needed to be asked.

Maybe they can't afford his salary as a result of the Beverley Flynn case.

That is a shame. Best show on the radio. Especially when he starts shrieking and looses the run of himself. I suppose as the only journo who actually knows what's happeneing at the tribunals, he was a liability.

Poor alright.

From what I remember, at the end he came out in support of FF in the Times. And he definitely criticises FG as much as FF, in fairness.

Poor alright.

From what I remember, at the end he came out in support of FF in the Times. And he definitely criticises FG as much as FF, in fairness.

He generally acted like a cunt towards all parties, but I guess that's balanced.

According to the Indo, he'll be heading to Newstalk, which is a surprise considering some of the things he's said about Denis O'Brien in the past.

I'll definitely switch to Newstalk for his show if they have him on. His huffing and puffing cynicism is very irritating at times but its certainly a unique show and a loss. Could be looking for too much cash so it might not be RTE's fault....even though I suspect its another rescheduling shake up.

What the hell are RTE doing?
They keep fucking up their schedules just when they start to get some things right. John Kelly's show was decent and kept getting moved around, on at different times etc so that it was impossible to catch it.

They seem to have no commercial instincts whatsoever.
It must the all the inbred nepotism the place is reknowned for.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Roamer
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

10th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

The Sweet East (NC)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼