United Release Fortune, Announce Summer Tour Of South Africa

United Release Fortune, Announce Summer Tour Of South Africa

Brilliant timing.

Fortune isn't getting a new contract, and both Villareal and Deportivo are said to be interested in him for next season.

Meanwhile, United will tour South Africa during the summer.

Poor Quinton.

126 games, 11 goals.

Sound, can I take it that you've officially pegged your colours to the John Terry mast so based on your signature?

Just to re-iterate, I think he's slow, awkward, technically so-so and vastly overrated. Benefitting from the current penchant amongst Premiership clubs for playing mullackers like James Beattie, Kevin Davies, Emile Heskey, Marlon Harewood and Brian McBride rather than, you know, actual footballers.

Out da Lough Like said:
He's good all right, but in my humble opinon, I'd have to say that Jamie Carragher is better.

carra is liable to mistakes, e.g. against luton. i'm not saying terry is mistake free, but i'd take him over carra, just. he's good for the odd goal as well.

KolaKubes said:
Sound, can I take it that you've officially pegged your colours to the John Terry mast so based on your signature?

Just to re-iterate, I think he's slow, awkward, technically so-so and vastly overrated. Benefitting from the current penchant amongst Premiership clubs for playing mullackers like James Beattie, Kevin Davies, Emile Heskey, Marlon Harewood and Brian McBride rather than, you know, actual footballers.

I have indeed.

The myth of the Moore-esque central defender is pseudo-intellectual points scoring at it's worst. It's been done to death here but, suffice to say, that I've never had a better reaction to a signature- from Utd fans.

And they're not laughing at me son.

Not again guys please
Yup Fortune, always a squad player really, did his best but since there's ore midfileders on the way he had to go-Best of luck to him
Ole is staying for two more years though and Gabby is back in training today (Heinze not Yorath)

STEVIEG said:
Not again guys please
Yup Fortune, always a squad player really, did his best but since there's ore midfileders on the way he had to go-Best of luck to him
Ole is staying for two more years though and Gabby is back in training today (Heinze not Yorath)
yeah heard the good news about Ole on the radio,hopefully they'll be injury free aswell and we get to see more of him

Sound said:
I have indeed.

The myth of the Moore-esque central defender is pseudo-intellectual points scoring at it's worst. It's been done to death here but, suffice to say, that I've never had a better reaction to a signature- from Utd fans.

And they're not laughing at me son.

Son, mind you?

Oh my God, you're not... you're not saying that the average Utd fan has just as little clue as you Sound are you? Heaven forbid. My world is shaken.

I'd take Jamie Carragher over John Terry but it's a little like asking me whether I'd prefer my left or my right testicle removed with a blunt penknife.

Incidentally, let me point again to Utd's admirable defensive record for months now without resorting to hoofing the ball under the slightest pressure and without the screening presence of a Makelele, an Essien, a Sissoko, a Hamann or an Alonso. A large part of this was the sterling performances of Wes Brown at centre-half where he gave us an insight into what players Terry and Carragher could be with a bit of pace. His injury proneness is the only reason he's not an England regular. You can add that to your signature too, if you like.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Award Winning Steve Hughes (Australia)
City Limits, Coburg St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jack Ahern

The Pav, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼