UCC loses €11.2 million in 2023

Did you actually read those scales and what some of those people are on? :oops:

Senior Admin IV are now on a top of 110,250
Senior Admin III are now on a top of 119,988
Senior Admin II are now on a top of 169,770
and Senior Admin I isn't published - that might have escaped you.

Do you honestly believe the likes of the President, Heads of College, The Bursar, and other "Officers" of the University are on a smaller salary than Professors, Associate Professors and Senior lecturers for example who in some cases are on 250K and more!

Do you honestly believe the likes of the President, Heads of College, The Bursar, and other "Officers" of the University are on a smaller salary than Professors, Associate Professors and Senior lecturers for example who in some cases are on 250K and more!

These lads raking in massive money and living in huge gaffs in the Lee Valley while their students can't afford condoms or pints

Disgusting tbh.

A mate of mine worked as a tutor in UCC when he was doing his masters and was getting paid over €20 an hour. He only did 6 hours a week (5 tutorials and 1 office hour) but €20 was just mad money. No wonder they're losing money.

These lads raking in massive money and living in huge gaffs in the Lee Valley while their students can't afford condoms or pints

Disgusting tbh.

A mate of mine worked as a tutor in UCC when he was doing his masters and was getting paid over €20 an hour. He only did 6 hours a week (5 tutorials and 1 office hour) but €20 was just mad money. No wonder they're losing money.

As with RTE there seems to be a coterie amongst senior management who think they're somehow above scrutiny on how they spend money from the public purse. And despite claims that the accounts are open, they're not. Annual Reports showing headline figures are very different to Accounts.

The top of the salary grade is only relevant if you reach it. I wonder how many have.

There are very few Senior Admin I (could count them on one hand I expect). There is no Head of College salary per se - like VPs, these are full professor salary plus a meagre extra allowance (10% I think) - worth SFA after 60+% deductions and in no way reflective of the work required compared to 'just' a prof. In all / almost all cases these people will have been full prof anyway. Senior Admin II scale is the same as full prof - not many of these around either (single digits I think) - there are FAR more full profs getting that coin, some of these work hard, others don't do a tap. There are no admin staff on €250k except *maybe* head of finance, HR and legal - and even they may not be. Those III and IV scales - €110/120k is frankly not massive money these days and most of those will be busy, busy jobs.

BTW those 'officer' jobs you mention are academic positions, not admin as such - all would normally be profs already. And pretty much all doing insane amounts of extra work for not much extra money - these folk are hugely driven and ambitious!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Joe Mac

Cantys, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼