Two NYPD Officers Shot Dead.

http://www.thejournal.ie/new-york-police-shooting-1846987-Dec2014/

A GUNMAN WITH an apparent grudge “assassinated” two uniformed New York police officers in a cold-blooded attack on their patrol car that followed weeks of outrage over police killings of unarmed black men.
The two officers, one a newlywed, were shot in the head through the window of their vehicle in broad daylight in Brooklyn today in an attack that left America’s biggest city reeling just days before Christmas.

RIP, very disturbing incident.

It wasn't a grudge, it was an attempt to dress up "in for a penny..." murder as something more noble than "I just shot my girlfriend, what have I got to lose?". He used Facebook and Instagram to keep people abreast of his plans and shot a Chinese and a Latino cop in "protest" at police treatment of minorities.

The girlfriend survived. Two innocent men, one the father of a teenage son, whom he ambushed, didn't.

The only 'protest' angle here is the one he made up to justify being a coward and a cunt. Worse still, he was cheered on by some people, both online and in real life. Grim.

Guilty murderous cops in the US aren't being dealt with as they ought to be, is true. Shit like this isn't how it ought to be handled though. He just appended this month's topic of choice for the outrage brigade to his own agenda. "Pigs in a blanket". Classy.

Cops aren't happy with the mayor over this. Hard to blame them tbh.

A few days before this happened the NYPD union actually asked the Mayor not to attend the future funerals of any NY police officers because of his antagonistic attitude towards them - and then this happens.

When the Mayor turned up at the hospital where the police officers' bodies had been taken, police officers who were present turned their backs on him.

Cops aren't happy with the mayor over this. Hard to blame them tbh.

That's an ongoing dispute. De Blasio has almost nothing going for him when it comes to the NYPD, as they've decided he's not on their side. The unions are prepared to cut off their noses just to spite him if needs be.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Damien Dempsey
Live At The Marquee, Showgrounds, Ballintemple

8th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼