Training Run Times

Just finished running the half route there - grandstand finish in Pana an' all.
Saw your number 19 up in Ballyphehane Jimmy (about 10-12 metres beyond last year's mark) - 20 and 21 too. However, no sign of the later numbers.

I'll tell ye lads, it's still a tough course - the hills are non stop and then it's good and hot coming in the straight road.

Just finished running the half route there - grandstand finish in Pana an' all.
Saw your number 19 up in Ballyphehane Jimmy (about 10-12 metres beyond last year's mark) - 20 and 21 too. However, no sign of the later numbers.

I'll tell ye lads, it's still a tough course - the hills are non stop and then it's good and hot coming in the straight road.
I wonder has the new tunnel layout caused the difference in the markings?

BT did you run on the link road, beyond Brownlows out to the hill up to turners x?
No, I didn’t chance that Jimmy - even if it was early in the day. At mile 3, I carried on straight up the quay past the Sextant , then turned left onto Anglesea St. Then straight ahead up the hill past the South infirmary and Paddy the Farmers up to The Southern Star, where I turned right down past Críost Rí and picked up the route again on the South Douglas Road.
It’s the same distance and a small bit hillier.

Meant to say I met the bauld Elwood Blues (formerly of this parish) as we carried out our annual duties at the Fota Cheetah run on Thursday. He’s in good shape and “back running”. He has not indicated yet whether a reprise of his Cork HM “Moses at the Red Sea” role is on the cards this year.

Christ, we got soaked. I lead the parking team every year - usually a two hour job on a pleasant summer’s evening. Over an hour of the gig this time was in that filthy downpour, trying to get people to park in a slippy field. That’s hard-core volunteering 😉

Last edited:
No, I didn’t chance that Jimmy - even if it was early in the day. At mile 3, I carried on straight up the quay past the Sextant , then turned left onto Anglesea St. Then straight ahead up the hill past the South infirmary and Paddy the Farmers up to The Southern Star, where I turned right down past Críost Rí and picked up the route again on the South Douglas Road.
It’s the same distance and a small bit hillier.
Nice climb from paddy the farmers up to capwell rd,

Meant to say I met the bauld Elwood Blues (formerly of this parish) as we carried out our annual duties at the Fota Cheetah run on Thursday. He’s in good shape and “back running”. He has not indicated yet whether a reprisal of his Cork HM “Moses at the Red Sea” role is on the cards this year.

Christ, we got soaked. I lead the parking team every year - usually a two hour job on a pleasant summer’s evening. Over an hour of the gig this time was in that filthy downpour, trying to get people to park in a slippy field. That’s hard-core volunteering 😉
I got the phone call on Friday. I’ll be there. I think the start has moved a bit so Moses won’t be required 😃

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
Sin É, Coburg St

16th Aug 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

Souldriven

Cantys, Today @ 10pm

More events ▼