Titus Andronicus - An Spailpín Fanach - Feb 2nd 2023

Titus Andronicus return to Cork.

The latest album "The Most Lamentable Tragedy" is a five-act rock opera. Stickles has been battling depression and addiction and let it all pour out on this one.

To Admin; I don't have anything to do with this gig or Cyprus Avenue, I'd just like to see a good band get more than 50 people this time.

Last edited:
Well, if the promoters don't even advertise the gig, how would you expect people to turn up to an event?
I didn't know about this gig, thanks for posting.

Nowadays, I think they expect people to rely on social media rather than coming across a poster! Cyprus Avenue's Facebook page is updated regularly with their upcoming events.
True, but you can't expect everybody to follow your facebook/twitter/whatever page.
I don't and I won't follow their facebook page for the simple reason that 90% of their programme is absolute shite for me. The only gig I've attended at the Cyprus in 2015 was Deerhoof and now Titus Andronicus. Why would I want to follow them?
What I mean to say is that just Facebook is not enough. Posting on this and other forums gives you way more visibility to people who would not be interested in keeping in touch with your venue, that's it.

I dunno about this Titus Andronicus show, I haven't been looking out, but CA would really want to step up their game for Gaz Coombes. No advertising anywhere. As has been said already, you can't rely entirely on Facebook - for e.g. I found 2 separate Gaz Coombes events on FB for Cyprus Avenue. One has 9 people going, the other has 20.

I scrolled back through their Facebook and there's not a mention of it.

I would've thought they'd have at least capitalised on his Mercury nomination to throw up an ad or two. It's a bit weird tbh.

Gaz Coombes is selling just fine thanks; is being advertised and is on course for a sellout.

Titus along with all other shows are advertised across a range of bases.
We just dont advertise on PROC.
That being said, T.A.'s fanbase outside big population centres is much smaller so naturally attendances aren't going to be as high as say Dublin.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Music Network Presents Linda Fredriksson Juniper
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

14th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Fiesta Latina with DJ Wilros

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼