TIPP or the dubs.

so Lads just for the craic,who would you rather beat in an ALL-IRELAND final.

yere near neighbours or da dubs.

now I know all cork peoples would want both,but you can only pick one.

And Also which game would you prefer attend.

Tipp.

I'd rate Tipp above KK in the rivalry stakes in hurling. Unfortunately the lack of do or die meetings against them over the past decade or more has diluted this for the younger generation. 91 still rankles with me.

Dublin, meh. Wouldn't consider them great rivals.

Tipp.

I'd rate Tipp above KK in the rivalry stakes in hurling. Unfortunately the lack of do or die meetings against them over the past decade or more has diluted this for the younger generation. 91 still rankles with me.

Dublin, meh. Wouldn't consider them great rivals.

Obviously not from Cork, but Tipp all the way for me. Watching Jamesie knock that point over in 97 to beat them in the all-ireland after already beating them in Munster was one of the happiest moments of my life.

Usually driving home through Tipp is a painful experience, but not that night.

Tipp in hurling and the animals in football are the original rivalries for me. When I first started going to games these were the two that stood out.

I presume we're talking this year, therefore Tipp in hurling and Dublin in football? I need specifics, Scotty. Given that, I'll say Dublin. I was at the semi-final the year before last when we beat them in Croker, and I was at the league final last year when we beat them again (on the hill, like a fucking eejit - great experience, never again) and I don't think it would ever get old.

Like a few other posters, I grew up with a huge Tipp rivalry, but in recent years the games haven't been big do or die, so it has kind of gone off the boil for me.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Funny Fridays Special

City Limits, Today @ 8pm

More events ▼