Thngs supposedly said on RTE radio/television

Anyone remember the Wazzie on Quicksilver? It was a live broadcast from the old Savy in Cork (most were recorded programmes). A contestant was asked by Bunny Carr, "Now what do you call a male bee?". Quick as lighting, the contestant replied, "A Wazzie".
Glimmerman better late than never: Well, at the time I was living in Knocka :) Steve Hogan was the guy who said a male bee was a Wazzie....we were all on the floor in stitches....

I seem to remember that when Bunny asked him what can I call you he said "you can call me whatever you like as long as you don't call me too early in the morning" !!!!

Also somebody when asked their name said "Stop the lights!!!!"

Also nobody won a penny that night in Cork, we were the laughing stock of the county and Bunny tried his very best best to give some money away but nobody won anything !!!

The date was probably about 1979.

PS: I knew Stevie so we were glued and had a great laugh that night!!!!

Hector was standing in for Ian Dempsey a few weeks ago when ian was on holidays.

Hector left his mike on during the adds and can be heard saying to the producer "jaysus, were not playing ellie goulding. She wrecks my head".

I dunno if this is bullshit or not.

Larry Gogan: What star do travellers follow?
Contestant: Joe Dolan

The caller to Liveline, when they were discussing Monica Leech's salary for doing PR work for Martin Cullen, insinuating that she ****** his **** in return.

Washed his car?

Painted his shed?

Sanded his floor?

I remember Gaybo had a female boxer (can't remember her name) on the Late Late in about 86/87 and when they were doing the phone ins this Dublin lad who sounded about 13 came on and asked her "Dya ever fight topless?".

There was a phone-in once on the Gerry Ryan show about what people would like to have done with their bodies after their deaths e.g. burial, cremation etc. A caller from Sligo is said to have rung in to say that he'd like 'to be buried up to the balls in Bibi Baskin'.

I remember that, not the name but a womans daughter had died, it was for a holiday if I remember correctly, Gaybo handled it like a pro, the woman got the answer right and good old Gaybo said 'I hope we are after putting a small smile on your face' Fairly sad to hear:(

Yeah, perfectly handled by Gaybo.

Unlike Pat the Plank when a posh Cork one won the prize on Late Late Show - tickets to the toy show and weekend in the Shelbourne with €500 spending money.
She (unimpressed) said keep the tickets but she's take the hotel and money.
Poor old Pat lost the rag completely. Shaking with anger and nearly in tears, he ripped up the tickets and slammed down the phone.

I remember another cringeworthy one from the RTE Six One news,must have been circa 89/90 ish.There was a report on a car crash up the country where two people were killed,an Irish guy who was home from England with his girlfriend who was a black girl.The female newsreader (can't remember who but not Ann Doyle or any of the well known ones) was reading the report and came to the line "one of the dead was a coloured woman".You could see she was uncomfortable with reading that bit and hesitated slightly before reading it out.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

8th May 2024 @ 4:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 4:15pm

More events ▼