Thngs supposedly said on RTE radio/television

Think there was another "just a minute 60 second quiz" with Larry Gogan and a particularly inept contestant.

Larry did his usual consoling "Ah, shur the questions didn't suit you" to which he was told something along the lines of "Ah f**k off Larry!" :ROFLMAO:

Think there was another "just a minute 60 second quiz" with Larry Gogan and a particularly inept contestant.

Larry did his usual consoling "Ah, shur the questions didn't suit you" to which he was told something along the lines of "Ah f**k off Larry!" :ROFLMAO:
As happy as...... a pig in shit,

I dunno if this is bullshit or not.

Larry Gogan: What star do travellers follow?
Contestant: Joe Dolan

The caller to Liveline, when they were discussing Monica Leech's salary for doing PR work for Martin Cullen, insinuating that she ****** his **** in return.
Well we know the second one definitely happened.

I remember another beaut. Bear in mind it was pre. Euro days.

Larry: What is the unit of currency in Holland?

Contestant:..............Would it be the Dutchmark?

Another one allegedly I think it was "The school around the corner" or one of that kind of show where school-kid is relating a story and he was telling how he lived on a farm and the interesting thing that happened on his holidays was that their horse had somehow fallen into a pit on the farm and injured itself and unfortunately had to be killed. "And who killed him?" asked the presenter
"My daddy had to shoot him".
"And did your daddy shoot him in the hole"
"Oh no, daddy shot him in the head"

then again it sounds too good to be true to have actually happened on the radio.
🤔
It was a TV show. My dad told me about the particular "shot in the hole" programme!

Traveller boxer from Galway interviewed by sports journalist
And at school did the other children bait you to fight with them because you were a traveller?
Oh no, they never bate me, but I bate a few a them

I remember Pat Ingoldsby appearing on Kenny Live in the early 90s. He'd largely been gone off the telly for a few years at this stage. He went on to read a poem about watching a woman eating a chocolate éclair in Bewleys and before he did said "every time I read this poem I get an erection". Pat the Planks reaction was priceless, he gasped out "ah Pat!" in shock.

Listening to newstalk earlier, one of the presenters was given Ciara kelly tips on home security before going on holidays,
i.e, dont leave a key under a mat, He also said if you have an over grown bush give it a good trim before you go.
Ciara was sniggering,

The time Joe Duffy was a guest on the Panel, that RTE comedy/chatshow thing that used to be shown live from the Helix, at least in the first series after which I think it was recorded in advance. While Duffy was talking you could hear some pissed fella with a strong Dublin accent in the audience launch into a mostly unintelligible tirade, I could just make out "fuckin shut up will ya". It went on like that for a while till they prematurely cut to an adbreak.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Stand-up Comedy Club: Earlier Show

The Roundy, Tomorrow @ 6:30pm

More events ▼