The Specials - Played Cork

Do people know that the Specials played in Cork over the weekend ..... this has to be the worst advertising for a gig that size i have ever heard of. A giid that should have been bursting at the seams, only had about 60 people attend it apparantly. What a crying shame, how was that let happen? :evil:

it wasnt The Specials. it was Nevile Staples from The Specials so a big difference. 60 people is good concidering he had 10 people last time he was in Cork from what i heard.

Last edited:
Echoboy said:
Do people know that the Specials played in Cork over the weekend ..... this has to be the worst advertising for a gig that size i have ever heard of. A giid that should have been bursting at the seams, only had about 60 people attend it apparantly. What a crying shame, how was that let happen? :evil:

the specials (with the beat) did play cork in the late 70's tho', at the arcadia. Now THAT would have been something worth seeing!!!!!!!!!

from organ.....

2nd Apr - THE SPECIALS REUNITE - ska legends The Specials are planning to get back together proper, and by that we mean fronted by Terry Hall, who quit the band at their height way back in 1981. Hall's decision to go back into business under The Specials banner follows his on stage reunion with former Specials and Fun Boy Three bandmate Lynval Golding at Glastonbury last year, and, he says, is motivated in part by other successful reunions of recent years, most notably Pixies. He added yesterday: "We're still trying to put dates together, but hopefully we'll tour September/October time. We need to spend the summer rehearsing. I think it's taken me 30 years to realise we could do it really well".

no mention of dammers though, without whom no specials reunion could be complete

Hasn't Dammers always been pretty adamant he would never re-unite?

Is he the member who pulled a gig cos the promoter put ''the specials'' after his name on a poster?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

29th May 2024 @ 9:30 pm
More info..

DJ Jus Me

Crane Lane Theatre, Tomorrow @ 11pm

More events ▼