The reign of Sinn Fein falls mostly on the plain

Will Ireland be in better shape under a SF government?

• I am under the age of 30 - Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am under the age of 30 - No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't take this the wrong way Liam, but you're a fucking moron.

You've some cheek to accuse SF of simplistic nonsense and then you come out with that utter fucking bullshit yourself. If you think crcumstances in life can't or don't drag people down, you haven't a fucking clue. People are cutting their cloth to measure and they still can't make ends meet. People are working hard and still struggling. People are working and spending well over 50% of their joint incomes on rent and are stuck in a fucking trap because property n this country is not affordable when you're renting AND trying to save for a fucking mortgage.

And if the government dont do something about it, this country will struggle to attract the professionals (or keep the ones we have here already) such as doctors, teachers, engineers and nurses etc etc that any functioning society needs to keep the wheels turning. And when all of us are in to our late 60s and early 70s the shit will hit the fan. And you'll still be a simplistic idiot who hasn't a fucking clue.
Rattled much ?

I certainly hit a nerve there.

So you took the easy option of renting a place did you ?

Shame you should have done it the right way, worked your ass off and saved for a deposit for a mortgage, lived at home with the folks for longer.

Anyway sorry for the shit you have put yourself in, but guess what, you made that easy decision

It was not The Government, was it now ?

You mentioned Germay there, how long have they been renting properties privately over there ?

Of course they are known for their effectiveness

Its everyone else's fault but your own, is that the case ?

Rattled much ?

I certainly hit a nerve there.

So you took the easy option of renting a place did you ?

Shame you should have done it the right way, worked your ass off and saved for a deposit for a mortgage, lived at home with the folks for longer.

Anyway sorry for the shit you have put yourself in, but guess what, you made that easy decision

It was not The Government, was it now ?

You mentioned Germay there, how long have they been renting properties privately over there ?

Of course they are known for their effectiveness

Its everyone else's fault but your own, is that the case ?
I wasn't talking about me. I'm fine.

But I talk to other people and am interested in them. They probably run when they see you coming, ya miserable bollocks.

I never mentioned Germany btw.

I wasn't talking about me. I'm fine.

But I talk to other people and am interested in them. They probably run when they see you coming, ya miserable bollocks.

I never mentioned Germany btw.
I.am tired and I mixed you up with another poster.

Glad you are sorted but I don't have the interest in listening to people blaming everyone but themselves for their easy choices in life.

Little wonder they lap up the shit SF/IRA spout, easy choices = easy answers FFS 🙄

Glad you are sorted but I don't have the interest in listening to people blaming everyone but themselves for their easy choices in life.

Little wonder they lap up the shit SF/IRA spout, easy choices = easy answers FFS 🙄
Yeah whatever.

Happy christmas to you too ya miserable bollocks. Buy a cake and be happy for a few days.

It was me who mentioned Germany, your point?seriously doubt Sinn Fein would have me due to a previous employer on my CV.

So now every kid has to take three jobs like in the USA to make a deposit on a shitty house in Carrigaline, the American dream is alive and well in Ireland.

It was me who mentioned Germany, your point?seriously doubt Sinn Fein would have me due to a previous employer on my CV.

So now every kid has to take three jobs like in the USA to make a deposit on a shitty house in Carrigaline, the American dream is alive and well in Ireland.
My point about Germany and indeed most mainland European Nations is that their rental sectors are mature, as in around for generations with many ran by these, as the IRA like to call them " vulture funds ".

There is an attitude out there now in younger generations that they can have everything easy, the idea of hard work to achieve something is alien to them.
The easy options in life is the way to go for too many, the choice of mobile phone they have is a one months mortgage payment.

They see the easy options, move out of the folks house and move in with the ol doll to some apartment and rent it for a few years.
Just see the rental charge, nothing else. Then the ESB bill, GAS bill, etc all arrive in.
The ol doll finds she is pregnant in a few weeks/ months.
Baby arrives, financially now they are under pressure, reality is a bitch.

Then the place becomes too small, they need a bigger place with a garden.

They would love to buy one of those houses out the road but with what they are paying on rent etc does not allow them to have sufficient funds in order to save now for a mortgage.

So they listen to that slime scum bag Eoin from SF/IRA who has all the easy answers to the self imposed trap that they put themselves in.

But low and behold, it is all the Government's fault and that is all about it.

My point about Germany and indeed most mainland European Nations is that their rental sectors are mature, as in around for generations with many ran by these, as the IRA like to call them " vulture funds ".

There is an attitude out there now in younger generations that they can have everything easy, the idea of hard work to achieve something is alien to them.
The easy options in life is the way to go for too many, the choice of mobile phone they have is a one months mortgage payment.

They see the easy options, move out of the folks house and move in with the ol doll to some apartment and rent it for a few years.
Just see the rental charge, nothing else. Then the ESB bill, GAS bill, etc all arrive in.

They would love to buy one of those houses out the road but with what they are paying on rent etc does not allow them to have sufficient funds in order to save now for a mortgage.

So they listen to that slime scum bag Eoin from SF/IRA who has all the easy answers to the self imposed trap that they put themselves in.

But lo and behold, it is all the Government's fault and that is all about it.
Whatever about their rental sector in mature European rental markets there is one big difference is that it is regulated, responsible landlords, vulture funds have to play by the same set of rules and that comes down to the politicians in office to set those standards and something sadly lacking in Ireland with no appetite to regulate the market.

Whatever about hard work and pregnant girlfriends that is the same humanity the world over.

The bottom line is that Ireland has had appalling policy on housing and healthcare going back as long as any of us can remember and that sets us apart from our European colleagues. FFG have presided over this debacle and they don’t deserve another shot to get it right as they won’t get it right with their vested interests preventing meaningful policies being implemented.

But low and behold, it is all the Government's fault and that is all about it.
Nothing wrong with a couple moving in together, many of them are in love and want to be together, circumstances can see them struggling financially, can be a job loss or reduction of hours,

Nothing wrong with a couple moving in together, many of them are in love and want to be together, circumstances can see them struggling financially, can be a job loss or reduction of hours,
I did not say there was anything wrong with that.

What I think people should do is stay with their folks and save up as much as they can to get themselves their own place, that is of course if they are ever going to aspire to that.

Renting a place and trying to save for a deposit cannot surely be easy.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
King K
Clancys, 15-16 Princes St.

3rd May 2024 @ 10pm
More info..

Garron Noone

Cyprus Avenue, Tomorrow @ 7pm

More events ▼