The Official Spurs thread

Conte was bang on - about time someone said it
Yes a lot of what he said was true.
But at no point did he imply he was in any way to blame himself and that's just crazy.

ENIC are a big problem..
Some players certainly are.
But 15 mill a year to train, select, tactics and subs 75 mins +, playing a 343 he doesn't have the squad for, using a core 11 to 14 week in week out, essentially giving the opposition a free hit. That's all on him.

Lloris, Dier, Emerson before Porro.....
Threw Spence out, doing the same to Danjuma.

All on him.

He is an elite manager. He clearly has had the players before or bought for him before. He has won tonnes.

But he has wanted to go since before the World Cup. He has lost close personal friends, had emergency surgery, lives in a hotel and misses his family.

Real indication was referring to the club as "they". Not we. They. Like he was separate and above and doing the club a favour. Yes a lot of what he said was true. But it isn't working. Not for him and certainly not for Spurs. How he's not gone already is beyond me but I think the potential Paratici ban and his involvement in selecting a successor might be delaying it. 4th is gone. Arsenal will win the league.

The answer has turned down jobs while waiting.
He's magic, y'know........

Yes a lot of what he said was true.
But at no point did he imply he was in any way to blame himself and that's just crazy.

ENIC are a big problem..
Some players certainly are.
But 15 mill a year to train, select, tactics and subs 75 mins +, playing a 343 he doesn't have the squad for, using a core 11 to 14 week in week out, essentially giving the opposition a free hit. That's all on him.

Lloris, Dier, Emerson before Porro.....
Threw Spence out, doing the same to Danjuma.

All on him.

He is an elite manager. He clearly has had the players before or bought for him before. He has won tonnes.

But he has wanted to go since before the World Cup. He has lost close personal friends, had emergency surgery, lives in a hotel and misses his family.

Real indication was referring to the club as "they". Not we. They. Like he was separate and above and doing the club a favour. Yes a lot of what he said was true. But it isn't working. Not for him and certainly not for Spurs. How he's not gone already is beyond me but I think the potential Paratici ban and his involvement in selecting a successor might be delaying it. 4th is gone. Arsenal will win the league.

The answer has turned down jobs while waiting.
He's magic, y'know........

Again, I think getting top four is probably this squads ceiling. They've certainly not been anywhere near City or Arsenal this term.

Newcastle and United are going to take points off each other after the break so its not like they're languishing in midtable.

I don't think they were good enough to go any further thna they did in Europe.

Losing to Sheffield United was shite but it happens, United could easily have gone out to Fulham yesterday.

Conte obviously wants out, who's the next top level manager who is going to be the problem?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pierce Turner
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

17th Oct 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

Ruben Berrios Septet

Coughlan's, Tomorrow @ 7:30pm

More events ▼