The official Premier League 22/23 thread

I was actually talking to a Yorkshire friend at the weekend about Haaland.

The thought experiment was: If Leeds were gifted Haaland (and the ability to pay his wages) how good could he make them and how quickly?

An interesting one to ponder.

• He's on 1.38 goals per game at City. Plonk him into this Leeds team and he'd still probably score close to Kane's 0.78 goals per game right off the bat
  • The extra attention would result in a bump in commercial & ticketing revenue, allowing you to bring in increasingly better creative players to feed him & get him close to a goal a game. They're drawn 6 games already this season - with a difference-maker like Haaland that's 12 extra points in the bag from those alone, which would nudge them just ahead of Liverpool & Chelsea this season
  • Leeds are the biggest single-club city in England. Big scope to scale quickly (if they keep Risdale away)

If Haaland committed himself to Leeds for the remainder of his career (...bit of a stretch right) I wouldn't be shocked, with a few other factors going their way, if he had them in the CL within 5 seasons

I was actually talking to a Yorkshire friend at the weekend about Haaland.

The thought experiment was: If Leeds were gifted Haaland (and the ability to pay his wages) how good could he make them and how quickly?

An interesting one to ponder.

• He's on 1.38 goals per game at City. Plonk him into this Leeds team and he'd still probably score close to Kane's 0.78 goals per game right off the bat
  • The extra attention would result in a bump in commercial & ticketing revenue, allowing you to bring in increasingly better creative players to feed him & get him close to a goal a game. They're drawn 6 games already this season - with a difference-maker like Haaland that's 12 extra points in the bag from those alone, which would nudge them just ahead of Liverpool & Chelsea this season
  • Leeds are the biggest single-club city in England. Big scope to scale quickly (if they keep Risdale away)

If Haaland committed himself to Leeds for the remainder of his career (...bit of a stretch right) I wouldn't be shocked, with a few other factors going their way, if he had them in the CL within 5 seasons
Thankfully we'll never have to worry about that.

He's much too good for them.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tom Odell
Live At The Marquee

25th Jun 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

A Matter Of Time

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼