The official NATIONAL court report thread

I don't believe that the search warrant in that case was deliberately allowed to go out of date. You might disagree with that (I am sure that many would) but it doesn't make sense to me. If the guards didn't want to proceed with the prosecution there are easier ways that the absolute public humiliation of an out of date search warrant.

The state proceeded to prosecute the case on the basis that the search warrant was valid.
The warrant was issued at 3.20 pm on May 20, 2002, and the prosecution claimed it was still valid when it was executed at 2.20 pm on May 27. Which it probably was, but because the time was not stated on the face of the warrant it was deemed to be inadmissible as in the absence of a time on the warrant is it deemed to have lapsed at midnight on the 26th.

It isn't as if the guards let a warrant go a week (or even a day) out of date, which if they were trying to deliberately fuck up a case would have been the safe way to go. It's not a defence of Curtain, but I don't think that it was as it is often painted.

Soundy's notion that a search warrant should or could be issued on the basis of sentencing decisions is ludicrous though.
Thanks for that. The whole thing smelled to High Heaven IMHO.
I bow to your knowledge in all matters legal, madam.

I don't believe that the search warrant in that case was deliberately allowed to go out of date. You might disagree with that (I am sure that many would) but it doesn't make sense to me. If the guards didn't want to proceed with the prosecution there are easier ways that the absolute public humiliation of an out of date search warrant.

The state proceeded to prosecute the case on the basis that the search warrant was valid.
The warrant was issued at 3.20 pm on May 20, 2002, and the prosecution claimed it was still valid when it was executed at 2.20 pm on May 27. Which it probably was, but because the time was not stated on the face of the warrant it was deemed to be inadmissible as in the absence of a time on the warrant is it deemed to have lapsed at midnight on the 26th.

It isn't as if the guards let a warrant go a week (or even a day) out of date, which if they were trying to deliberately fuck up a case would have been the safe way to go. It's not a defence of Curtain, but I don't think that it was as it is often painted.

Soundy's notion that a search warrant should or could be issued on the basis of sentencing decisions is ludicrous though.

Do you really think that the pattern of suspended sentences handed down by Judge Nolan to guilty nonces doesn't merit any comment or attention? :oops:

Do you really think that the pattern of suspended sentences handed down by Judge Nolan to guilty nonces doesn't merit any comment or attention? :oops:
That's not what I said at all. I said it doesn't merit a search warrant.

Do you deliberately misrepresent what I post, or are you just unable to comprehend?

That's not what I said at all. I said it doesn't merit a search warrant.

Do you deliberately misrepresent what I post, or are you just unable to comprehend?

Can you just answer the question please - do you really think that the pattern of suspended sentences handed down by Judge Nolan to guilty nonces doesn't merit any comment or attention?

Surely even you at this stage must admit the guy has a track record of making some very questionable decisions vis-a-vis only giving suspended sentences to those found guilty of pedophile-related crimes.

Can you just answer the question please - do you really think that the pattern of suspended sentences handed down by Judge Nolan to guilty nonces doesn't merit any comment or attention?

Surely even you at this stage must admit the guy has a track record of making some very questionable decisions vis-a-vis only giving suspended sentences to those found guilty of pedophile-related crimes.
You didnt ask me a question. You pretended that i had said something that I never said.

Have you managed to read up on search warrants and work out how stupid your suggestion was?

You didnt ask me a question. You pretended that i had said something that I never said.

Have you managed to read up on search warrants and work out how stupid your suggestion was?

Did I not?

Do you see that "?" symbol I've highlighted just after the word "attention" - that's a question mark, indicating that the preceding sentence is a question. Even without the question mark most people with even a moderate grasp of English would have twigged that a question was being asked - not you though :rolleyes:

Did I not?

Do you see that "?" symbol I've highlighted just after the word "attention" - that's a question mark, indicating that the preceding sentence is a question. Even without the question mark most people with even a moderate grasp of English would have twigged that a question was being asked - not you though :rolleyes:
I never said anything to suggest anything if the sort so that isn't a question.

That's a stupid thing that you do all the time where you attribute something to another poster that they have neither said nor implied...

Are you just going to ignore your idiotic search warrant suggestion?

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼