The Official Man Utd Thread - Part 3.

Screenshot_20240403_005957_X.jpg

He's spot on. The way things are going football could do with looking at NFL contracts (more guarantees etc) Has there ever been so many injuries?

Every Utd CB has been injured in the last month. Add in Martial, Shaw, Malacia etc, the money going on lads that aren't contributing. How many would be playing if it affected their wages?

End of the day you don't want lads playing hurt but still like!

View attachment 31368

He's spot on. The way things are going football could do with looking at NFL contracts (more guarantees etc) Has there ever been so many injuries?

Every Utd CB has been injured in the last month. Add in Martial, Shaw, Malacia etc, the money going on lads that aren't contributing. How many would be playing if it affected their wages?

End of the day you don't want lads playing hurt but still like!
The amount of injured players this year some would call unprecedented.

It seems to be far more than bad luck at this stage and I wonder could it be something to do with how they train or a knock on effect from the amount of games played last season along with a World Cup?

It’s definitely far greater than average and has derailed the season for them.

The volume of injuries overall are up this season, across most leagues.

Lot of contributing factors:

- The winter WC
- Average ball-in-play time increased by ~4mins this season (due to new timekeeping rules)
- Stylistic reasons (e.g. teams are running a combined 6.8km more per game than last season)

For Man Utd specifically, I'd be surprised if there's anything systemically wrong about the way they train, monitor workload or make decisions on how much game time to give each player.

More likely they are affected by the factors above, going deep in the cup comps last season along with carrying guys with bad injury records (Shaw, Martial) and guys at the twilight of their careers with lots of miles on the clock, (Casemiro, Varane).

Add in a little "bad luck" (i.e. variance) then number start to look thin on the ground and it places greater strain on those who remain injury-free.

The amount of injured players this year some would call unprecedented.

It seems to be far more than bad luck at this stage and I wonder could it be something to do with how they train or a knock on effect from the amount of games played last season along with a World Cup?

It’s definitely far greater than average and has derailed the season for them.

Definitely the bolded bit didn’t help.

There’s whispers that the players are complaining about the harsh intensity of ETHs training but that’s probably balanced out by the lack of intensity in the actual games.

Signing players with injury problems (Mount/Varane) and players with nothing to prove (Varane/Casemiro) on huge wages is typical of the utd approach under the Glazers.

Omar and the boys won’t be making those type of signings you’d think.

I was happy to see news of Scott Mc getting offered a new double-your-money contract extension.

Your best players need to be rewarded as such.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Charlie Harris, Geraldine Cotter, Maeve Donnolly, Eamonn Cotter
An Spailpín Fánach, 28 South Main St., Cork

5th Oct 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Autumn Fest On Douglas Street

Coughlan's, Today @ 12pm

More events ▼