The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

City showed they are the class of the field today, a draw is prob best we can hope for next Sun though I do expect a good showing, the team that finished the match yesterday should be able to put it up to them. Salah prob starting on the bench. Klopp has done great to manage the minutes of the younger players. I thought Clark did well yesterday justifying the start. Gapko for me has been the big disappointment of this period, failing to step up really. Maybe Danns is ahead of him now. Those last 5 matches in 15 days with a threadbare squad must take its toll and having the two Prague matches on the Thursdays before the City and Utd is a big challenge
On the incident yesterday , previously that would have been a contested drop ball where the ball was at the time, now apparently IFAB law 8.2 states "the referee drops the ball for one player of the team that last touched the ball at the position where it last touched a player." however I have never seen the attacking team getting possesion like that for what could be a free cross or shot.
@Philby I'm sure you will put Don back in his box for this startling lack of ambition?

@Philby I'm sure you will put Don back in his box for this startling lack of ambition?

I had actually intended to when I read that post first - but parental duties got in the way.

I wouldn't agree with Don at all on this, but that's ok.

City have the better players (in general & certainly at this point in time given injuries) but it's not beyond this weakened Liverpool side to beat City, especially at Anfield.

And I'd actually advocate taking a fair few risks to do so. A draw would be an ok result, but across the further 10 games I'd rate City as more likely than not to pick up more points than Liverpool. They exert more control on games and they've got a relatively KDB going into overdrive.

Liverpool should try to make the game as chaotic as possible and gamble to try get the win at home, rather than relying on other sides to trip City up. Better to go for the (not quite) knock-out blow now, than suffer death by a thousand cuts in the run-in.

I had actually intended to when I read that post first - but parental duties got in the way.

I wouldn't agree with Don at all on this, but that's ok.

City have the better players (in general & certainly at this point in time given injuries) but it's not beyond this weakened Liverpool side to beat City, especially at Anfield.

And I'd actually advocate taking a fair few risks to do so. A draw would be an ok result, but across the further 10 games I'd rate City as more likely than not to pick up more points than Liverpool. They exert more control on games and they've got a relatively KDB going into overdrive.

Liverpool should try to make the game as chaotic as possible and gamble to try get the win at home, rather than relying on other sides to trip City up. Better to go for the (not quite) knock-out blow now, than suffer death by a thousand cuts in the run-in.
100% agreed with this. We won’t win the title by drawing next weekend, it would just prolong our participation in the race but it’s shit or get off the pot next weekend at Anfield.

You can’t rely on others to take points off City. You just have to go do it yourself when you get a chance.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Lyra
Live At The Marquee

16th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

All Of Us Strangers (16) [Cork Lgbti+ Awareness Week]

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:45pm

More events ▼