The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

Arthur out injured with a muscle strain. Seemed to be bursting a gut to get up to the fitness and would like to see him get a chance but this could be a Ben Davis part two type of signing

Be lucky get a run out in a cup competition I'd say. Will be gone again in January.

What do our SSB m8s predict for Sunday?

Ye’ve a history of thrashing Arsenal home or away in the last few years, still feeling the same way this season?

I predict Jota will score, he always seems to (I like him).

I’d say it’ll be a score draw. 2-2.
Liverpool extremely open at the back and Arsenal have the players to counter the high line.

Should be a good game. El T’s side are streets ahead of where they were 2 years ago.

I’m calling it the Classyclassico.

Liverpool extremely open at the back and Arsenal have the players to counter the high line.

Should be a good game. El T’s side are streets ahead of where they were 2 years ago.

I’m calling it the Classyclassico.
or even 6 months ago, who could have predicted better players would improve the team more rapidly? clearly not spreadsheets aye

I'd shorten the name to Classyco though m8

What do our SSB m8s predict for Sunday?

Ye’ve a history of thrashing Arsenal home or away in the last few years, still feeling the same way this season?

I predict Jota will score, he always seems to (I like him).

I'd agree with OT on this. I can see both teams going out to win it and accepting the risk that comes with it.

Arsenal know they need to keep clocking up the wins, week on week, to have any hope of mountain a genuine title challenge. As soon as City jump 3+ points ahead of them they'll push on and not even El T can catch them.

For Liverpool, it's one of only 2 direct opportunities they'll get this season to try to reign Arsenal in as part of the race for the CL spots. Lose this and Klopp will have to be realistic that it's Liverpool up against Spurs, Chelsea & Man Utd for the 2 remaining spots. Even an away draw wouldn't be be overly helpful from a momentum perspective or in terms of hauling themselves up the table.

I can see there being 3+ goals, maybe even each side being ahead at different points in the game. Hope Liverpool sneak it 3-2, but think a draw is most likely.

Arsenal know they need to keep clocking up the wins, week on week, to have any hope of mountain a genuine title challenge

It's just a case of making hay while the sun is shining to try to stay above the dog fight for 4th place for as long as possible.

Beating the teams you "should" be beating will guarantee any of the top 6 top 4 as the others are never always that consistent in the same season.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼