The Official Liverpool Thread - Part 2

You’re a masochist Philby m8.

City are champions.

Sure it is what it is.

I'm pretty zen about it tbh. Perhaps I wouldn't be if there weren't the 2 domestic trophies in the bag and a CL final at the weekend.

Perhaps if Liverpool had gone ahead when City were behind it would have stung a bit more?

I've yet to see anything from the City match bar the ~4 minutes of injury time. Not in a rush to seek out highlights tbphwy.

Did the Villa keeper cock up badly for any of the goals?

I'm pretty zen about it tbh. Perhaps I wouldn't be if there weren't the 2 domestic trophies in the bag and a CL final at the weekend.

Perhaps if Liverpool had gone ahead when City were behind it would have stung a bit more?

I've yet to see anything from the City match bar the ~4 minutes of injury time. Not in a rush to seek out highlights tbphwy.

Thought he might have done better for the second goal, but I might be being harsh.

In no way did villa down tools like a certain other team did ten years ago.

I only saw the highlights.. it looks like City just overwhelmed Villa once they got the one goal back and kept the constant pressure on. Mings made a shocker of an attempt at the cut/out clearance that handed city one of the goals, but none were Karius level moments

optimistic about next season. the last narrow miss inspired Liverpool to drive on to the title the following season like men possessed (same with ManU's close-run losses to Blackburn & City). The team and squad looks in good shape for another strong challenge. Carvahlo looks a fine signing although i wouldnt be surprised to see Madrid go for Mané or Salah after missing Mbappe. Too many thirtysomethings in midfield would be a worry for me especially as Thiago & Keita gets injured too much. Tchouameni would be an obvious addition but is more of a dm.

I only saw the highlights.. it looks like City just overwhelmed Villa once they got the one goal back and kept the constant pressure on. Mings made a shocker of an attempt at the cut/out clearance that handed city one of the goals, but none were Karius level moments
City can do that. They pin you in and they make you feel like you can’t get out. And you cave. They put all the lower teams to the sword far easier than Liverpool.

Do Villa possibly hold out for at least a point if their season isn’t basically done? I think it’s probable but a 2-0 lead away to City is never ever safe until you’re going down the tunnel.

A decent article about 2-0 leads. In general, teams that go 2-0 up only lose 2% of those games. Anyone taking 2.2 about City yesterday was a mug.

I think if the team that was huge odds on before the match goes 2-0 down that percentage increases. We saw it in the ManU-Spurs title deciding match in 2009(with a little bit of help from Howard Webb. Even the Everton-Palace match last week. The pressure and demands of the situation, and the crowd all plays a part. If Villa were fighting relegation yesterday would they have caved in so easily? Hard to say.

Funny thing is the two games I would say cost Liverpool the PL were the two Brentford games, both drawn after losing two goal leads, same as the Spurs and Chelsea away games but they are stronger opponents playing at home. I think City were always doing enough to stay ahead but not much more ie if Liverpool were closer in the table they wouldnt have dropped points at Southampton & West Ham or lost at home to Spurs.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Cormac Ó Caoimh
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

12th Oct 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼