The Official Irish Rugby Thread

Had to check the date. Thought the PROC had reset to 2005 🙄
Just like Irish rogby resets every 4 years for the world cup?
I'm predicting a loss to South Africa in the world cup when the game is reffed by a proper ref who won't blow against the Saffers for legit scrums and will spot a knock on and blatant forward passes.
Of course at this stage Arland will have lost several of their OAP players to injury and will be relying on underplayed cover.
Then it will be a tough quarter probably the All Blacks and another loss in a quarter final.
awake-wake-up.gif

Ah but we might be lucky and get a ref not scared to red card the Saffers.
😉
That was a 50/50 call.
Yes he could have easily been sent off.
However South Africa being penalized in the scrums was bullshit.
It should have been the other way around.
The pass leading to the try was a clear forward pass.
And there was at least one clear knock at an important phase of the game that inexplicably was ignored.

Side named for Saturday Good to see Carberry Start and Crowley on the bench Good to see Loughman start too and the likes of Timoney and Treadwell getting a run although I don't think treadwell will be in the mix once the likes of Ahern, Baird and McCarthy are fit again Not sure why the likes of Furlong and Doris are starting but i suppose he was never going to change more than 6 or 7 from last week.

Ireland: O'Brien; Baloucoune, Henshaw, McCloskey, Hansen; Carbery, Gibson-Park; Loughman, Herring, Furlong (capt), Beirne, Treadwell; Doris, Timoney, Conan. Replacements: Sheehan, Healy, O'Toole, Prendergast, Deegan, Casey, Crowley, Ringrose.

Last edited:
Treadwell fits that "big lump" that Irish coaches seem to favour. Roux before him and Thornbury will probably come back to take his position as #1 lump.
Baird has lost his way a bit and McCarthy hasn't done much except get yellows and give away tons of penalties. Still a shame to see him go off early in the A game. Would have been good to see if he's curbed that.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
John Smith
The White Horse, Ballincollig

12th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Io Capitano (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 8:05pm

More events ▼