The Official Golf Thread

I was watching a bit of that and had it on in the background for longer. I saw every fucking golfer in the top 12 multiple times. Not one shot of Power. It was like they were boycotting him.

Is that right. I haven’t been watching any amount of golf in months. Need to get some reps in before the masters!!!

This is a blog you guys might be interested in. Jared Tendler, a well known mental game coach in Poker and a few other competitive areas is trying to go pro again. Whats interesting about that?

Well, he's 45, and was a talented player in college, whose own mental game in Golf crumbled a bit under pressure. Researching this, "accidentally" led to the career he has now, and a very successful one at that. But now, I suppose, he's getting that itch to try and fulfill his golf dream before it really is too late.

Texas Houston Open tomorrow.

With Scheffler at 3.7 on Betfair he's the shortest price golfer outright in a tournament in the last 5 years (...and maybe beyond), so I'm looking for value elsewhere.

View attachment 31249

View attachment 31250

Na m8, Tiger regularly went off at odds on at his peak, as short as 4/7 IIRC, and defo odds on for some of the majors too.

He was on a different plane altogether though.

From 2000

Seven of Tiger's 15 major wins can at odds of 2-1 or shorter.

I'm almost certain he was shorter for some, but maybe the years are playing tricks on me!!

I did say "in the last 5 years...and maybe beyond", as opposed to "ever" 😉

The stats that one particular site had only went back to 2019.

As good as Scheffler is I'd be very nervous backing him at "Tiger odds" given his putter can really let him down at times.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

20th Jun 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..
More events ▼