The official Cork court report thread.

2024 will change all that, coincidentally Brenda will give birth to a baby boy who she will name Benny,

I had a weird moment earlier when I got a random letter from someone in Pennsylvania. Have to admit that my first thought was "fuck, have I rode any Americans this year?"

Turns out it was a Christmas card from someone on another forum I post on thank fuck. We do a kind of a secret santa Christmas card thing.

That wouldn't work with all the messers on the PROC, you'd have lads sending each other used johnnys and actual faeces

Utter scumbags, Eddie Burke must be depressed in that job.

'I could have died there': Spanish student tells of violent attack in Cork city

SAT, 13 JAN, 2024 - 02:00 LIAM HEYLIN A 23-year-old Spanish student who was the victim of a violent attack when he walked home through the city has returned to Spain and said: “I could have died there”. The man’s victim impact evidence was read out by Judge Mary Dorgan at Cork District Court when a 44-year-old woman pleaded guilty to her part in the crime — committing robbery by going through the student’s backpack — as two of her accomplices attacked him.

The student, who no longer lives in Cork and has returned to his family home in Spain, said in his victim impact statement: “The main impact of that crime on me was the feeling of insecurity that I felt during the next two months that I had to be living in Cork and how my level of awareness increased when I had to come back home. “The physical impact of the crime can be healed with time but the psychological part still makes me wonder, why me? Or what they really wanted from me. “I have been going to a psychologist since returning to Spain, just to sleep better and talk to someone about the crime.

I’m a very shy and introverted guy so I didn’t tell my family about the incident. I didn’t want to worry them more — they already have their own problems. “It was the first time in my life that I felt like I could have died there with a bad hit or kick in the head.”

Others involved in the attack have previously been sentenced. Linda Gilhooley, aged 44, of Loretto Park, Ballyphehane, Cork, faces sentencing now on the robbery charge for her part in the crime. Judge Mary Dorgan adjourned sentencing until March 7 for a report from Arbour House. Detective Sergeant Colin Greenway said the Spanish student was walking home from a friend’s house shortly after 4am on Saturday, March 25, 2023.

He was walking from Cork city centre to his home on Magazine Road. On Bandon Road, he was approached by three men and a woman. One man ran past him and turned to get into conversation with him. Another man came up behind him and punched him in the side of the head causing him to fall. He was then kicked in the head by the first man. He lost his phone during the assault and one of the men picked it up.

A woman was then seen going through the injured party’s backpack. Judge Dorgan was told that this was Linda Gilhooley and that she was looking for alcohol. She was not otherwise involved in any physical manner with the victim, Sgt Pat Lyons was told. The entire incident lasted two minutes and 17 seconds and took place near Lennox’s chipper on Bandon Road.

The Spanish student eventually managed to run away and was later taken to hospital by ambulance and was treated for injuries which included bruising to his neck and face, cut lips and black eye.

Solicitor for Ms Gilhooley, Eddie Burke, said that at no stage did she take the injured party’s phone and that her participation was limited to looking through his bag. He said she had been drinking at home earlier that night, met up with others before this incident occurred, and was looking for alcohol in the backpack. Mr Burke said she had been addressing her alcohol issues in the period since this occurred in March last year.

SAT, 13 JAN, 2024 - 02:00 LIAM HEYLIN A 23-year-old Spanish student who was the victim of a violent attack when he walked home through the city has returned to Spain and said: “I could have died there”. The man’s victim impact evidence was read out by Judge Mary Dorgan at Cork District Court when a 44-year-old woman pleaded guilty to her part in the crime — committing robbery by going through the student’s backpack — as two of her accomplices attacked him.

The student, who no longer lives in Cork and has returned to his family home in Spain, said in his victim impact statement: “The main impact of that crime on me was the feeling of insecurity that I felt during the next two months that I had to be living in Cork and how my level of awareness increased when I had to come back home. “The physical impact of the crime can be healed with time but the psychological part still makes me wonder, why me? Or what they really wanted from me. “I have been going to a psychologist since returning to Spain, just to sleep better and talk to someone about the crime.

I’m a very shy and introverted guy so I didn’t tell my family about the incident. I didn’t want to worry them more — they already have their own problems. “It was the first time in my life that I felt like I could have died there with a bad hit or kick in the head.”

Others involved in the attack have previously been sentenced. Linda Gilhooley, aged 44, of Loretto Park, Ballyphehane, Cork, faces sentencing now on the robbery charge for her part in the crime. Judge Mary Dorgan adjourned sentencing until March 7 for a report from Arbour House. Detective Sergeant Colin Greenway said the Spanish student was walking home from a friend’s house shortly after 4am on Saturday, March 25, 2023.

He was walking from Cork city centre to his home on Magazine Road. On Bandon Road, he was approached by three men and a woman. One man ran past him and turned to get into conversation with him. Another man came up behind him and punched him in the side of the head causing him to fall. He was then kicked in the head by the first man. He lost his phone during the assault and one of the men picked it up.

A woman was then seen going through the injured party’s backpack. Judge Dorgan was told that this was Linda Gilhooley and that she was looking for alcohol. She was not otherwise involved in any physical manner with the victim, Sgt Pat Lyons was told. The entire incident lasted two minutes and 17 seconds and took place near Lennox’s chipper on Bandon Road.

The Spanish student eventually managed to run away and was later taken to hospital by ambulance and was treated for injuries which included bruising to his neck and face, cut lips and black eye.

Solicitor for Ms Gilhooley, Eddie Burke, said that at no stage did she take the injured party’s phone and that her participation was limited to looking through his bag. He said she had been drinking at home earlier that night, met up with others before this incident occurred, and was looking for alcohol in the backpack. Mr Burke said she had been addressing her alcohol issues in the period since this occurred in March last year.
Disgusting fuckin parasite,
Imaginea44 years old woman involved in something like that?

Fking scum

Complete drain on society

Poor guy, hope he recovers

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

10th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Chris McGrath

Arty's Bar, Today @ 9pm

More events ▼