The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nah it'll be FF who'll collapse such a government. We'll hopefully have learnt the lessons from FF against running too many candidates though.

The odds of a second election in 2020 have dropped to 5/2.

I cannot see Lou Lou getting a coalition of Left/Ind working.

Equally so a Sinnfein/IRA/FF coalition with the Greens seems doomed to fall apart.

Micheal 2/5 on to be next Taoiseach.

Personally I would prefer SF to enter into government now, rather than have MLMD as leader of the opposition as we enter a potential economic minefield of the next 2 to 4 years.

Personally I would prefer SF to enter into government now, rather than have MLMD as leader of the opposition as we enter a potential economic minefield of the next 2 to 4 years.

The bookies fancy FF/SF/Greens.

In that scenario do you see the Greens carrying the can for unpopular policy?

Surely Eamon Ryan has learnt the lessons of their last spell in government.

Yup.
Much better now with some degree of moderation aka FF and the Greens then in the next election as the senior part in some lefty headbanger coalition.

Possibly the whipping boys in that scenario. I doubt they learned the lesson last time around I would think.

The Greens are mildly left with a particular interest in a certain agenda. Both the others are populist parties with a penchant for being varying degrees of left when it suits them.
Greens get minister for environment. Sf get housing, social welfare, Ff get Foreign Affairs, Defence and Finance. All the rest up for grabs.
No reason common left of centre plans going forward cant be hammered out now in negotiations and then they'll have to wing it and hope it goes ok.

I'd love to see grants for native Woodlands giving to farmers with marginal land.
That would play to the Greens and the small farmers who used to be FFs main base.
Give Sf housing portfolio and some funding to reduce the cost of childcare. Also let them stop the pension age increase to 67 and return it to 65, for this election cycle anyway. Also let them take the lowest income workers out of the USC, not a million or anything close to it but some, minimum wage or close.
That should keep their base happy.
It's far from impossible.

I like Ryan but he strikes me as terribly naive, FF and SF would run rings around him.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
The Gables, Douglas St.

15th May 2024 @ 9:00 pm
More info..

Gilbert Steele

The Pav, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼