The next Government

Who will form the next government

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Haven't voted for a long long time..
I will next time, not for my own comfort, but to rattle a few cages.

No matter who or what you vote for, it's a shame not to use your vote. Many good people made a lot of sacrifices so that we could vote, and I think if you didn't have a vote you'd be extremely annoyed.

If Sf came out with a policy to make voting compulsory i would vote for them. This is a big thing for me that over 30% of the voting population dont vote but are willing to take any freebee the government give them.

If Sf came out with a policy to make voting compulsory i would vote for them. This is a big thing for me that over 30% of the voting population dont vote but are willing to take any freebee the government give them.
For many it doesnt matter who gets in, it's just the same self serving twats lining their own pockets.

The freedom not to vote is a right to be protected and not to force people to vote if they are apolitical

What if all the candidates are terrible? (They usually are)

The freedom not to vote is a right to be protected and not to force people to vote if they are apolitical

What if all the candidates are terrible? (They usually are)

I think voting is compulsory in other jurisdictions around the world.

I would make voting compulsory but with a final option of "None of the above". And "None of the above" (NOTA) would be treated as a "candidate" so that if enough people voted for NOTA then say in a 5 seater constituency there'd be 4 candidates returned along with NOTA. imho that would ensure that the various parties must put forward candidates that the electorate could have faith in or lose out.

Rumour around that Simon Coveney is moving from CSC constituency to Cork East

Can't see him moving too far from the environs of the RCYC, plus, he has nailed on seat where he is.
Stanton may be thinking of retirement. Will be 68 next time out and not going to be close to cabinet post in any coalition. FG will need a good candidate in the southern half of the constituency.
Don't think parachuting Coveney in would work though, unless he has decided to move there for family/personal reasons. Rumour is he is aggrieved at always being compared unfavourably to McGrath in Lower harbour area but he has whole constituency to himself (discounting poor Jerry) including big blue vote in Rochestown, Douglas, Blackrock etc.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Gilbert O'Sullivan
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

11th Sep 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Cork Voices Of The Irish Revolution

St. Peters Cork, Today @ 10am

More events ▼