The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

Haley has been pretty unlucky not to get more caps over recent years, he's been an absolute rock for Munster. Problem is, he turns 30 in June, he's too old to be developing as a full back now.

No doubt it'll turn out Hodnett has a Welsh granny or something...

Ciaran Frawley, Jack Crowley and Jimmy O'Brien are plenty options at full back, no need to test anyone else. Maybe send Rob Russell, Chris Cosgrave or Henry Mcerlean as a development player if you really must.
Haley is a solid club player and that is all, they are a dime a dozen in the English premiership and that is really about his level.

It is odd though that with all the success of the U20's over the years we haven't produced a decent full back. Keenan is outstanding but without him we don't have anyone. I always thought Carberry would have made a better full back than out half as he needs a bit more room than he gets at 10, but bar when he was cover he was never really played there, whether that was down to him or not, who knows.

Ben O Connor might/should make it, but he is still far from the finished article at the moment. The next couple of years are crucial for him.

Haley is a solid club player and that is all, they are a dime a dozen in the English premiership and that is really about his level.

It is odd though that with all the success of the U20's over the years we haven't produced a decent full back. Keenan is outstanding but without him we don't have anyone. I always thought Carberry would have made a better full back than out half as he needs a bit more room than he gets at 10, but bar when he was cover he was never really played there, whether that was down to him or not, who knows.

Ben O Connor might/should make it, but he is still far from the finished article at the moment. The next couple of years are crucial for him.
It's especially weird when you consider how many players play GAA too, which is perfect prep for full back.

A solid club player would be very nice as a back up over a bunch of part timers playing mostly out of position.

Haley's issue is that he's pure 15. Same as Keenan. The likes of JOB and Frawley will always make squads ahead of him but if there's an issue with Keenan missing a game then I'd much rather see Haley there. Especially ahead of Frawley but I'd concede to JOB of he comes back and picks up where he left off.

Munster have confirmed the signing of Billy Burns.

Look forward to him starting for England in next year's 6 nations.

Jager and Fineen Wycherley may need knee surgery.
Hodnett, JOD and Zebo all back at training.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Cork's Primetime Comedy Show
The Roundy, Castle St.

13th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

DJ Darren K

The Pav, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼