The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

Nick Williams was another one that springs to mind. Sonny Bill's cousin

i remeber seeing him play for Dolphin in what must have been an Junior Cup final. one of my buddies was telling me he was murder for Riordans, yer man Tom McGahon made him play in it to lose weight. had a decent career in Ulster after.
I saw yer man Williams in Douglas Court once. Sat in O'brien eating two of their triple decker sandwiches. Those things were expensive even back then!

Pretty sure Lima was signed as injury cover, whilst being injured! Absolute master stroke pulled by him

Zebo is out for Friday. Wig says he has a 'niggle' so might be ok for Bayonne

Zebo now that he's shown there's still a bit in the tank, is very important until Haley or Liam Coombes comes back

Wig has some decisions to make - he needs to know what Jager and Sean O Brien (at centre) can do, so this looks like the game to find out.

I'd go with Daly, McCarthy, Nanks, SOB, Nash, Crowley, Casey, Loughman, Barron, Jager, EdEd, Kleyn, Ahern, Hodnett, Beirne

Subs - Killer, Buckley, Ryan, Kendellan, Coombes, Murray, Frisch, Scannell
It's indicative of where Munster are from a cover point of view that McCarthy is starting at all, having only joined the academy over the summer. Thankfully with Young Munster he has a good level of senior rugby experience but still. It has been a bit of an injury crisis in the back 3 with Haley, Campbell, Carbery, Zebo, Coombes all injured and Conway + Earls retiring.

I'd put SOB on the wing and start with Nanks + Frisch in the centre. Don't think I'd start Jager either, I guess that depends on how he's been getting on in training.

Interesting that you'd drop Coombes to the bench in place of Beirne at 8. See the point, I think it's a little early to drop him.

It's indicative of where Munster are from a cover point of view that McCarthy is starting at all, having only joined the academy over the summer. Thankfully with Young Munster he has a good level of senior rugby experience but still. It has been a bit of an injury crisis in the back 3 with Haley, Campbell, Carbery, Zebo, Coombes all injured and Conway + Earls retiring.

I'd put SOB on the wing and start with Nanks + Frisch in the centre. Don't think I'd start Jager either, I guess that depends on how he's been getting on in training.

Interesting that you'd drop Coombes to the bench in place of Beirne at 8. See the point, I think it's a little early to drop him.
It wasn't so much about dropping Gav as seeing how Beirne would perform at 8. He played there quite a few times for Scarlets.
Gav might benefit from a rest also as he hasn't been at his best, this season.

I dunno how match fit the 2 short term utility backs are but we need to look at them. McCarthy has potential but is very raw

It wasn't so much about dropping Gav as seeing how Beirne would perform at 8. He played there quite a few times for Scarlets.
Gav might benefit from a rest also as he hasn't been at his best, this season.

I dunno how match fit the 2 short term utility backs are but we need to look at them. McCarthy has potential but is very raw
I wouldn't experiment against Glasgow at home. It should be a win, but Glasgow are strong, they'd be confident of nicking a result.
If it was Dragons or Scarlets, sure, experiment away. Not Glasgow.

Munster: S Daly; C Nash, A Frisch, A Nankivell, S O'Brien; J Crowley, C Casey; J Loughman, D Barron (C), S Archer; E Edogbo, T Beirne; T Ahern, J Hodnett, G Coombes.

Replacements: S Buckley, D Kilcoyne, O Jager, F Wycherley, B Gleeson, C Murray, R Scannell, A Kendellen.

First look at Oli Jager this evening. Tom Aherne, another outing at 6 Hoping that Nanks and Frisch start to link up well. I hope we start fast like last week and eliminate the mistakes

I saw yer man Williams in Douglas Court once. Sat in O'brien eating two of their triple decker sandwiches. Those things were expensive even back then!

Pretty sure Lima was signed as injury cover, whilst being injured! Absolute master stroke pulled by him
Nick Williams (along with David Corkery) have just been announced as part of a lawsuit in the UK for brain injury.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Sabrina Dinan
The Richmond Revival, College Road, Fermoy, Co. Cork, P61 T292

2nd Nov 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

I Saw The Tv Glow (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 6pm

More events ▼