The Munster Rugby Thread 2019/20

Interesting. I suppose if I was in his shoes, would do the same. Rugby careers are short and his is going backwards at Munster.
Munster would need to sign another outhalf (or two...) if he does leave. Would expect Tony Butler to be in the squad if that's the case. Also, Carbery is under contract until summer next year

Supposed to have had a blazing row with Rowntree I guess over being effectively 3rd choice.

Trying elsewhere very understandable and I think his career at Leinster may just have overlapped with Lancaster but an outhalf, in France, with his injury record? Pity it didn't work out at Munster but it seemed he was always one great game, two very mediocre, and two more out with injury, rinse and repeat.

Ah yes, he's been out so long it might be difficult for him to come back as a back 3 player. That long out with that level of injury in your 30s can permanently damage speed.

Interesting. I suppose if I was in his shoes, would do the same. Rugby careers are short and his is going backwards at Munster.
Munster would need to sign another outhalf (or two...) if he does leave. Would expect Tony Butler to be in the squad if that's the case. Also, Carbery is under contract until summer next year

Anyway, was thinking about the team, would go for:
Loughman
Barron
Archer
Snyman
Kleyn
Beirne
O'Mahony
Coombes

Murray
Crowley
Daly
Fekitoa
Frisch
Nash
Haley

Casey
Healy
Earls
Kilcoyne
Scannell
Salanoa
O'Donoghue
Hodnett

That second row/back row selection is incredibly difficult, gone for bulk. Would be hard to leave Kendellan & Wycherley out.
Wycherly would have to be included due to size and recent form and Peter O' Mahony can cover the wing again:)

Supposed to have had a blazing row with Rowntree I guess over being effectively 3rd choice.

Trying elsewhere very understandable and I think his career at Leinster may just have overlapped with Lancaster but an outhalf, in France, with his injury record? Pity it didn't work out at Munster but it seemed he was always one great game, two very mediocre, and two more out with injury, rinse and repeat.
His poor form has made him a "3rd choice" as well as being highly injury prone and he will be left nowhere near the Irish national squad.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Low-key Funny
The Roundy, Castle St.

10th Jul 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

On The Waterfront (15A)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 5:45pm

More events ▼