The Misfits

only started listening to these guys lately....obviously knew who they were from Metallica covering quite a few of their songs

cant stop listening to this song

Somewhere behind the Ramones and ACDC when it comes to people wearing t-shirts of bands they never heard/heard of

true although everyone has heard of acdc and it would be more the Ramones, Motorhead, Misfits etc that fall into the hipsters wearing band t-shirts they have never heard of...and its usually girls too

great band though

must admit that i prefer the metallica version and also their versions of Green Hell, London Dungeon and Die Die my Darling....loved when they played Last caress at the MTV awards in 96

Im loving the famous monsters album and that was released long after Glenn Danzig left but I appreciate that the classic line up was with Danzig on vocals

must admit that i prefer the metallica version and also their versions of Green Hell, London Dungeon and Die Die my Darling....loved when they played Last caress at the MTV awards in 96

Im loving the famous monsters album and that was released long after Glenn Danzig left but I appreciate that the classic line up was with Danzig on vocals

The Metallica tracks have way better production and you actually hear them. Problem with the Misfits is how much of their stuff is in legal limbo. They signed to more than one label so you'll see various best of or singles albums all over the place.
They started out actually as a kind of Doo Wop band (hence Danzigs vocal style) then became a Punk band and with Earth AD they became sort of a US Hardcore band. On Famous Monsters they are sort almost metal in spots.

However the classic Misfits album is the first. No Devil Locks or make up then just a straight up Punk Rock band.

Some Danzig stuff is cool too but a lot of it , like the man himself, is a bit up it's own ass.

This is a cracker though.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Brian Gallagher Plus Guests
City Limits, Coburg St.

18th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

DJ Ian Richards

Crane Lane Theatre, Today @ 11pm

More events ▼