The Hurling Thread

5/6 ?
That sounds a lot unless you intend replacing stalwarts like Finn and Hannon.

All will be revealed in a few short weeks.

I’d expect Dan Morrissey, Mike Casey, Kyle Hayes, Darragh O Donovan, Seamus Flanagan to come into their starting team.

Lynch goes to 11 too. Finn and Hannon are back from nearly 12 months out and will get better with game time.

Their eyes will be on Clare in Ennis.

As the Round robin format gets more bedded in, I think we'll see more of the Leinster teams taking the League that bit more seriously. KK have already qualified for the AI series. They're not worried about what happens over the next few weeks and will see the league as good prep. Surprised Galway didn't take it more seriously, or maybe they did, and aren't that great. Wexford have work to do so I can understand their taking the foot off the gas.

If I were Lohan or Cahill I'd be using tomorrow like any other league game and I certainly wouldn't be showing anybody my hand. Not sure that Lohan winning the league will stop people accusing him of winning fuck all.

In the longer term the league should surely be amalgamated with the championship. Two groups of 5 or 6, home and away against each team, only two to qualify from each group. That way every game means something, the crowds get bigger, and KK and Galway don't automatically qualify for the knockout stage. The GAA must be the only organisation that spend half their season playing a competition that nobody gives a shit about. It's like filling half your sweet shop window with sticks of rock FFS!

I’d expect Dan Morrissey, Mike Casey, Kyle Hayes, Darragh O Donovan, Seamus Flanagan to come into their starting team.

Lynch goes to 11 too. Finn and Hannon are back from nearly 12 months out and will get better with game time.

Also short Richie English, Coughlan and the corner back

Also short Richie English, Coughlan and Feargal O'connor

As the Round robin format gets more bedded in, I think we'll see more of the Leinster teams taking the League that bit more seriously. KK have already qualified for the AI series. They're not worried about what happens over the next few weeks and will see the league as good prep. Surprised Galway didn't take it more seriously, or maybe they did, and aren't that great. Wexford have work to do so I can understand their taking the foot off the gas.

If I were Lohan or Cahill I'd be using tomorrow like any other league game and I certainly wouldn't be showing anybody my hand. Not sure that Lohan winning the league will stop people accusing him of winning fuck all.

In the longer term the league should surely be amalgamated with the championship. Two groups of 5 or 6, home and away against each team, only two to qualify from each group. That way every game means something, the crowds get bigger, and KK and Galway don't automatically qualify for the knockout stage. The GAA must be the only organisation that spend half their season playing a competition that nobody gives a shit about. It's like filling half your sweet shop window with sticks of rock FFS!
Or going forward, win the league and you qualify for an All Ireland 1/4. The Munster teams would take it more serious then, Cork have won 2 leagues in 44 years!

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Sweet East (NC)
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

1st May 2024 @ 6:00 pm
More info..

Jan McCullough: Night Class

Crawford Art Gallery, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼