The Hurling Thread

KK only scored 2 points from play in that second half (maybe 3?). Limerick let them stay at arms length by conceding the stupidest of frees for TJ to tap over. Think it was 10 consecutive frees, of which KK scored 9, and in that time Limerick only scored 4 points.

I've not ever seen that Limerick team so out of synch with each other - dropping, spilling and fumbling - it was mad to witness.
KK did nothing exceptional bar catching Limerick cold for the Cody and TJ goals, and that was enough.
Kilkenny have won some amount of AI’s over the last twenty years by scoring more goals than their rivals!

be58d7d4906daef0ca4ef29ebee04906fa6d43d0.jpeg
Is this a what happened next quiz?

Kilkenny have won some amount of AI’s over the last twenty years by scoring more goals than their rivals!
Fact remains that the current incarnation of KK have failed to win an AI since 2015 & bar a decent go at Limerick in 2022 have been comprehensively beaten in the other finals they've played.

Fair play if you think that they will manage to win the AI this year by catching out players returning from a year's injury and playing out of position, relying on frees for a whole half of hurling, and the opposition throwing in the towel with 15 mins on the clock.

Fact remains that the current incarnation of KK have failed to win an AI since 2015 & bar a decent go at Limerick in 2022 have been comprehensively beaten in the other finals they've played.

Fair play if you think that they will manage to win the AI this year by catching out players returning from a year's injury and playing out of position, relying on frees for a whole half of hurling, and the opposition throwing in the towel with 15 mins on the clock.
I am simply making the point that goals win games and if anyone wants to beat this Limerick team, 2 to 3 goals will be essential.

Clare motoring smoothly here, Tipp all at sea. Adam Hogan allowed to carry the ball forty yards before scoring. Some amount of fumbling, wrong passes to men standing still, ball watching.

Edit: nice goal for each side in a minute.

I am simply making the point that goals win games and if anyone wants to beat this Limerick team, 2 to 3 goals will be essential.
Ah, right, I guess that goes without saying really.

I think KKs win yesterday had more to do with Limerick misfiring than anything else.
Fair play they took advantage of the opportunity.

This Clare Tipp game is already light years better than the muck yesterday

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Pretty Woman The Musical
Cork Opera House, Emmet Place, Cork

28th Jun 2024 @ 7:30 pm
More info..

A Bend In The Road

St. Peters Cork, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼