The Hurling Thread

KK V Lim in PuC next Saturday.

Looking at the comedy gold comments from some KK fans - you'd swear they've been sentenced to an expedition to the Arctic.
They live in terror of Dunkettle and the ferocious journey "to get to the other side of the river" that begins once you've survived it.
Ffs 🤣🤣 It's the Lee not the Amazon.
Don't know about the rest of you but getting to Croke Park and back is quite the journey, it's one I gladly take as it usually means a big game. It's part of being a supporter, so I really don't get these tools who seem to think you should be teleported to a ground.

Hope the powers that be don't give in to the whining this time.
They are a dour, soulless crowd. You'd imagine they'd look forward to going to a different venue but no they have to whinge and whine. Stay the fuck at home then.

Should this thread be renamed the Limerick hurling thread? They seem to be living rent free in our heads..
They're all Ireland champions going for 5 in a row.
Beat them and there's a fair chance you'll win the All Ireland yourself.
They're living rent free in everyone's head.

Looking at the comedy gold comments from some KK fans - you'd swear they've been sentenced to an expedition to the Arctic.
They live in terror of Dunkettle and the ferocious journey "to get to the other side of the river" that begins once you've survived it.
Don't know about the rest of you but getting to Croke Park and back is quite the journey, it's one I gladly take as it usually means a big game. It's part of being a supporter, so I really don't get these tools who seem to think you should be teleported to a ground.

Kilkenny only ever want to play in Kilkenny or Croker.
Clare only ever want to play in Ennis or Limerick.
Can never understand it, travel is just part and parcel of matchday in every sport.
I think Cusack Park in Ennis is an unmerciful sh!thole, don't particularly enjoy going there, but I don't let it prevent me from going to see Cork playing there.

It's a very strange mindset from fans. Cork fans travel all over the country to support their team, as do Limerick fans. Very rarely hear Tipp, Waterford or Wexford fans complain either.
Galway and Antrim in particular are 2 counties that are always forced to travel distances to games and its very rarely you'd hear them whinge.

Last edited:
Their all Ireland champions going for 5 in a row.
Beat them and there's a fair chance you'll win the All Ireland yourself.
Their living rent free in everyone's head.

Kilkenny only ever want to play in Kilkenny or Croker.
Clare only ever want to play in Ennis or Limerick.
Can never understand it, travel is just part and parcel of matchday in every sport.
I think Cusack Park in Ennis is an unmerciful sh!thole, don't particularly enjoy going there, but I don't let it prevent me from going to see Cork playing there.

It's a very strange mindset from fans. Cork fans travel all over the country to support their team, as do Limerick fans. Very rarely hear Tipp, Waterford or Wexford fans complain either.
Galway and Antrim in particular are 2 counties that are always forced to travel distances to games and its very rarely you'd hear them whinge.
Think Dalo said before that Gaelic grounds is nearer to where the Majority of the Clare team live than Ennis.

Not that I'd have much sympathy for Limerick but what did lads who saw it make of David Burkes yellow card for his stroke on Cian Lynch (I think) yesterday.
Felt it should have been a red myself
On Casey. It was a red. Also the shoulder and elbow to head on English a red. I gotta ask. With o Brien. Up and coming star no doubt. Ripping a helmet off for a red. It was a red and stupidly. Could cost him a squad place.

Kilkenny are a bunch of whingers alright and The one real sickener in Kilkenny for me is Eddie keher Can't see or hear anything but KK

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Beth Orton
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Peppa Pig's Fun Day Out

Cork Opera House, Tomorrow @ 10am

More events ▼