The Hurling Thread

Hegarty in the half back line is certainly a curve ball but they’ve pulled those before. Certainly is going to be a challenge for Galway to win their own puckouts. Hegarty has leaked a huge amount of frees in recent times (often unfairly I feel) …may be refreshing to be on the other side of the ball for him. How much Limerick miss both himself and hayes from the half forward line in terms of attacking puckouts Is going to be key for the whole match. Can reidy given mcinerney the tour of croker like he did to conlon 4 weeks ago. How fit is lynch. Normally he’s good in the air.

Which team can get their star forward in gillane and Whelan on the ball enough is going to be the winning of the game for me.
In 18 Flanagan did very well on burke and gillane was razor sharp in last year sf. Burke cleaned up in 2020. I’m expecting a game that ebbs and flows. Need to minimise mannions impact. I think limericks bench may bring us home. Hoping for a Limerick win.

Clare v the cats is also a tricky one. Clare looks far more developed outfit than a year ago but again you really wonder how fit a lot of the team is. You’d really hate to go into such a big game with some many lads 50/50. Clare are forewarned from last season and it’s unlikely they’ll have a systems collapse as last year (or Limerick in 19) but playing the cats in a semifinal is extremely challenging.
Kilkenny have been the most under the radar of all the teams but they’re slowly getting fit. Massive know how. Good forwards. So hard to back against them.

Could be any combination of the 4 in the final. Can’t wait. (Luimneach Abu )

All good teams need an all star corner back on the bench these days so i say they will keep bench Richie English as a back up. If he started and one of the back three got injured it could be trouble. I think we will see hegarty at hf. Wod at 6 Hayes at 7 and reidy/lynch drops Back to midfield

All good teams need an all star corner back on the bench these days so i say they will keep bench Richie English as a back up. If he started and one of the back three got injured it could be trouble. I think we will see hegarty at hf. Wod at 6 Hayes at 7 and reidy/lynch drops Back to midfield
It's a bit of a lottery trying to figure out the way Limetrck will line out or even the 15 that will start. The only thing that is certain is it won't be as announced.
Can't see WOD or GH in the half back line. Can't see either DB or KH centre back either so fancy DM to fill that roll with RE starting. If there is an injury in the full back line DM can move back with CC coming on.
Obviously only guessing but promises to be an intriguing weekend all round. For some reason All-Ireland semi-final weekend is my favourite part of the hurling calendar.

Hayes I can see 6 as he played there un21 but I can’t see Hegarty at 7 I don’t think all this stuff is going to suit Limerick as they were such a settled side.
Be a massive height wise half back line but I think it’s strange .
I am back on the fence kinda but am gonna back Brian Concannon now for MOTM at big enough odds based on that Limerick selection.

Reckon they will play as selected

Hegarty played well against Cork and Clare. Will be a loss tk the half forward line I reckon. But at the same time he’s capable of scoring from the half back line too

Hayes I can see 6 as he played there un21 but I can’t see Hegarty at 7 I don’t think all this stuff is going to suit Limerick as they were such a settled side.
Be a massive height wise half back line but I think it’s strange .
I am back on the fence kinda but am gonna back Brian Concannon now for MOTM at big enough odds based on that Limerick selection.
Fin all this chopping and changing and dummy teams is very unlike John Kiely, and in general very unlike dominant champions, it strikes me as a bit of panic has set in and they are just throwing shit at the wall to see what will stick. But an all-Ireland semi final is no place for curveballs. Galway to win if they turn up

Fin all this chopping and changing and dummy teams is very unlike John Kiely, and in general very unlike dominant champions, it strikes me as a bit of panic has set in and they are just throwing shit at the wall to see what will stick. But an all-Ireland semi final is no place for curveballs. Galway to win if they turn up
Why you think it’s a dummy team?
I reckon Hegarty will play 7

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Nora Brown and Stephanie Coleman
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

13th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Brewhouse Jazz

Franciscan Well Brew Pub, Today @ 6:30pm

More events ▼