The Hurling Thread

No way. To be honest, before kk won all the recent all Ireland’s, Cork and Kilkenny got along and both hated Tipperary. Donie Collins played with James Stephens.. I know a few limerick guys… bugged the hell out of me the last few years… hope the cats hammer them
That's too far back for me 😆
Tipp don't bother me either.

Their fans are dickheads.

So are Limericks.

Agreed on Kilkenny though, why would anyone want them to have an even bigger lead on All Irelands than us.
Sure we're all dickheads to some degree when it comes to supporting our county or club.
You could go on any fan forum for any team and find the equivalent of yourself, myself and the other lunatics around here.

Same at any game, I've good friends in all our big "rival" counties, they're all sound.

The KK thing for me is solely based on the number of AIs they've racked up in the past 2 decades.

Sure we're all dickheads to some degree when it comes to supporting our county or club.
You could go on any fan forum for any team and find the equivalent of yourself, myself and the other lunatics around here.

Same at any game, I've good friends in all our big "rival" counties, they're all sound.

The KK thing for me is solely based on the number of AIs they've racked up in the past 2 decades.
They haven’t won any in a few years. The green army is winning every year… and still have a big chip on shoulder . They, along with Wexford, Waterford and Galway resent the BIG 3

I wish we had Cody for the last 15 years. Hope he ends Limerick dynasty and next year under Pat Ryan we begin a dynasty of our own. Am sick of Limerick supporters making derogatory remarks about the rebels, whilst we’re expected to worship them. We’re one of the big bad big 3 that they love to hate! Lol

Whatever about the squads and managers in terms of annoying others, I think the carry on of very vocal sections of Limerick fans, and I still have some good pals in Limerick, leaves an awful lot to be desired. Yes they've a great team at the moment, but so many of their fans seem to lack what would have been taken as basic GAA class. Pal of mine has been following Limerick hurling through thick and very thin for well over 30 years and he's mortified by some of the current carry on. Alas, more and more fans of ever increasing number of counties, are booing free takers and cheering wides, but it's the whole "we invented good hurling" type of attitude that some of the Limerick fans seem to go on with at the moment that rankles.

Historically I'd have wanted any team but KK to win the hurling. If Cork weren't in it I'd have been reasonably happy to see the Munster representatives win it. This year I'm not so sure.

Last edited:
I can’t stand Kilkenny, I won’t exactly be cheering for Limerick but I don’t care how it happens or what they have to do once KK dont go up those steps
I dont mind them at all, i respect them, A friend of mine from waterford was at the 08 final, went there full of hope, the game was
over after 15 minutes, He said he spent the first half hour hating kk and the rest of the game marvelling at their skill levels and desire,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Stand-up Comedy Club: Thursday Showcase
The Roundy, Castle St.

19th Sep 2024 @ 8:30 pm
More info..

Kinds Of Kindness (18)

Triskel Arts Centre, Tomorrow @ 3:30pm

More events ▼