The Hurling Thread

What is it about the black and amber jersey that gets Wexford going. There were pure shite against Dublin and Westmeath then go to Nowlan Park and boss the show tonight. KK very lucky that head-to-head results didn’t decide the table or they’d be spectators at the Leinster final.

What is it about the black and amber jersey that gets Wexford going. There were pure shite against Dublin and Westmeath then go to Nowlan Park and boss the show tonight. KK very lucky that head-to-head results didn’t decide the table or they’d be spectators at the Leinster final.
I think you said it there yourself, KK are already in the final. They would murder Wexford in Croker in a meaningful match, Wexford are shit. On a different note, DJ Careys son looks like he might be a good one.

3 big games already this year that Kilkenny have lost- semi final of league Vs cork, Galway in Leinster and now Wexford in Leinster….any other team you’d be seriously questioning their resolve, once again when it got tight they resorted to hammering ball down on a forward line getting cleaned out

Kit you are right about Wexford’s poor form but KK were not in the final before last night’s game - they had to win it to be certain of making the final. As it happens, Galway’s win did them a favour and they squeaked through. Hence my point about Wexford - poor all through the past month then a massive lift v KK

Kk win the U20. Big lift for them given their lack of underage AIs recently. I only saw the last twenty minutes, seemed like a pretty average game tbh. Limerick looked a bit nervy, quite a few failed pick-ups and passes not going to hand ( the passage of play leading to their v last chance was a good illustration of this). Kk that bit more economical in possession in the final few minutes at least.

Kit you are right about Wexford’s poor form but KK were not in the final before last night’s game - they had to win it to be certain of making the final. As it happens, Galway’s win did them a favour and they squeaked through. Hence my point about Wexford - poor all through the past month then a massive lift v KK
They tend to raise it against KK alright but the Leinster SHC is rubbish when compared to Munster. Tipperary had a good rattle off both Waterford and Limerick and if they lose to Cork today will have not one point on the table. I would argue that Tipperary would beat any team in Leinster with Galway being a close call.

3 big games already this year that Kilkenny have lost- semi final of league Vs cork, Galway in Leinster and now Wexford in Leinster….any other team you’d be seriously questioning their resolve, once again when it got tight they resorted to hammering ball down on a forward line getting cleaned out
Fair point, hammering long ball didnt get them the goals they needed. In fairness the KK and a Cody team, they never give up. The quality of player isnt there. TJ Reid has carried them the past few years and he's understandably slowing down. I wouldnt right them off for another big performance or 2 this year but winning an AlIreland final would be a surprise.

Real tough luck on limerick not to draw that u 20 game
Wing back put it wide . Great game of hurling
Great game? I thought it was brutal. Rain didn't help at all but genuinely one of the worst games I've been at in years, let alone a final. Few handy players on both sides that will no doubt make the leap to senior but it was shocking. Some fine Munster games though earlier in the championship.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Open Streets: Boolaboom Busking
Cornmarket Centre, Cornmarket St.

19th May 2024 @ 1:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼