The Gaelic Football Thread

Down goalkeeper Charlie Smyth will join up with the NFL side New Orleans Saints after accepting an offer to try out with them
The next step on his journey. Hope it goes well.
Just so people aren’t getting carried away, over the next few months there will be over 1000 players who will try out for the 32 NFL teams and will not be selected.

U20 provincial championships on atm. Usually you’d be able to watch a few games either on TG4 or their YouTube page but they all seem to be through Clubber now. People giving out about GAAGO putting games behind a paywall but think Clubber will be a lot worse.

Fantastic news.
Well done to him

Just so people aren’t getting carried away, over the next few months there will be over 1000 players who will try out for the 32 NFL teams and will not be selected.

Last edited:
Fantastic news.
Well done to him
Exactly as per my previous post
Great progress but all that has happened is that he has signed an exclusivity contract. He trains as the international player on the practice squad and thats all, for now.
He can’t train or trial with anyone else for the next 3 years unless the franchise say so or unless they release him from the contract

Exactly as per my previous post
Great progress but all that has happened is that he has signed an exclusivity contract. He trains as the international player on the practice squad and thats all, for now.
He can’t train or trial with anyone else for the next 3 years unless the franchise say so or unless they release him from the contract
Yes, but practice squad not to be sniffed at. He'll get rookie minimum for practice squad which i think is about $175k they have to keep an IPP onboard so as long as he can keep improving he'll give himself a big leg up in life even if he only holds on for the 3 years. It's a great story. more power to him

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Flook With Special Guest Patsy Reid
Triskel Arts Centre, Tobin St.

9th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

Shlomo Franklin

The Richmond Revival, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼