The Gaelic Football Thread

Fitzsimons is my MOTM. He's great at damage-limitation. Obviously it's a team game and every player's contribution is key, but for me he was the man that most made the result.
People are really overrating Fitzsimons performance.

Clifford scored two from play, won scorable frees, set up a goal and lost Fitz multiple times.

Clifford’s radar was off, and Fitzsimon deserves credit in part for that but some of the wides were from open positions.

Clifford won every ball that went into him pretty much.

Clifford scored two from play, won scorable frees, set up a goal and lost Fitz multiple times.

Clifford’s radar was off, and Fitzsimon deserves credit in part for that but some of the wides were from open positions.

That’s standard for him though isn’t it? You’re not going to mark him completely out of a match but keeping him to 2 from play and I think 2/3 assists is not bad at all.

In the last 50 years I haven’t seen a single player in a Clon jersey that would have converted those chances that Clifford was forced to take on today from under the stands..

If you were a Dublin selector, which other Dublin player would you have been suggesting be switched onto marking Clifford?

It looked as if Con O Callaghan was told not to claim a mark but to try for goals instead ?

That tactic might be OK against Monaghan but playing the AI Champions in a likely close contest - it seems a bizarre tactic.

IMO if a forward can claim a mark in the scoring zone - he should always take the mark and convert for an easy point.

Was this discussed by the pundits ?

It looked as if Con O Callaghan was told not to claim a mark but to try for goals instead ?

That tactic might be OK against Monaghan but playing the AI Champions in a likely close contest - it seems a bizarre tactic.

IMO if a forward can claim a mark in the scoring zone - he should always take the mark and convert for an easy point.

Was this discussed by the pundits ?
A few inches lower and he would be hailed as brave for backing himself in going for goal,

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

4th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Silence (G) [Pat Collins Season]

Triskel Arts Centre, Today @ 4:30pm

More events ▼