The Gaelic Football Thread

Incredible not to switch someone else onto o’callaghan, wouldn’t have won it but would have kept score respectful, you can forget Derry as a possible all Ireland winner despite what the hype and bullshit that emanates from Mordor might suggest

Another shit display from Galway in Croker. How Joyce has that fool from kildare O'Neill with him is beyond me.
Galway are limited to Walsh magic up front. Comer is very strong but he is hit and miss with shooting. There are quite light at the back so don’t have strong runners to bring the ball up.

Mayo look to have a very balance squad. I’d still worry about their lack of class up front but the fact they’re not reliant on any one player to make them tick could be their strong point. That said, I think the hype brigade doesn’t help them at all and it’ll take some major things to fall their way on final day if they get that far for them to get over the line.

I think mayo are a totally different animal under mcstay. An inside line with the options of O’Shea/o’donoghue/Conroy/O’Connor and cart performing consistently is a serious set up.
At the back end it’s amazing the difference a solid keeper makes and the 2 corner backs they have look serious and that’s without hession…..Galway have some excellent individual players but not enough and comer for the inside line is too inconsistent

Galway are limited to Walsh magic up front. Comer is very strong but he is hit and miss with shooting. There are quite light at the back so don’t have strong runners to bring the ball up.

Mayo look to have a very balance squad. I’d still worry about their lack of class up front but the fact they’re not reliant on any one player to make them tick could be their strong point. That said, I think the hype brigade doesn’t help them at all and it’ll take some major things to fall their way on final day if they get that far for them to get over the line.
No one can tell anything from today, but theyll win fuck all if that’s as good as they are.

No one can tell anything from today, but theyll win fuck all if that’s as good as they are.
I'm inclined to agree with you jams. Galway were missing mcdaid today and comer isn't fit in fairness yet mayo needed their keeper to keep them in it. Tommy goals might do it for them tho.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Tombstome presents: Darsombra plus guest Magic Pockets
Coughlan's, Douglas St.

30th May 2024 @ 8:00 pm
More info..

John Smith

Coughlan's, Today @ 7pm

More events ▼