The Gaelic Football Thread

Looks like Meath cb are Cowboys.

Tommy Rooney on OTB suggested the opposite - all candidates were told by phone before the news broke, all they weren't told was who did get it.

Flynn comes across as a complete nightmare to deal with, and has thrown Rochford under the bus for other jobs he was in for.

Merciful Jesus, they are all out today. The Premeeeeeeership is back in a week, don't worry!
i don’t think i mentioned anything about any premiership, m8. i’m just saying that i don’t see the point of the primary all-ireland gaa competition where you play five or six teams to become champions.

something like the nfl conference system would be a much better example of what the gaa could do to give all counties a fairer crack at it but i guess dinosaurs like ye are happy with the provincial system and all the lopsided matches that throws up.

Not off to Clyda or Nemo. Kilmacud Crokes

The fucking stink of maud flanders off that chairman ffs, the fella is 29 and is moving to the county he is working and living in, I’d say the young lads in the nursery are crying themselves to sleep every night 😑

The fucking stink of maud flanders off that chairman ffs, the fella is 29 and is moving to the county he is working and living in, I’d say the young lads in the nursery are crying themselves to sleep every night 😑
Walsh has no problem travelling home for Galway but not his own club. His priorities are messed up. Is it not a college degree he is doing? The county scene has destroyed the heads of many young players.

Walsh has no problem travelling home for Galway but not his own club. His priorities are messed up. Is it not a college degree he is doing? The county scene has destroyed the heads of many young players.
He's going to be on placement for PE teaching in the local Crokes area. I'm sure his club wouldn't mind him missing club trainings if he could turn up for the handful of matches they'd need him for come business end. He'll be travelling to and from for Galway training a few nights a week as you said. Considering he has a sponsored car surely the club should just give him a few pound a week for petrol and say no more about it.

Neither club or Walsh are coming out too well from this anyway. You'd imagine there might be no love lost between the two.

If he’s already spending 7/8 months of the year travelling from Dublin for Galway training it’s not unreasonable for him to want a break from it after the I/C season.

He’s 29, has given his best years to his club, he’s making a move that will benefit him from a professional and personal POV as well allowing him to play at a higher level of club football. Completely reasonable for him to want to move. Club chairman hasn’t a leg to stand on, laughably manipulative and transparent bringing the underage players into the discussion.

Putting himself and Mannion into a Crokes team that got to an AI final is a frightening prospect for anyone fancying a crack at the club AI.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
The Lee Sessions Trad Trail
JJ Walsh's, 64 Oliver Plunkett St.

26th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Sean Tierney

Dwyers Of Cork, Today @ 9:30pm

More events ▼