The Gaelic Football Thread

I wasn't aware of that. I do know that he has turned the job down several times though.
He said it last night on TV that he applied and was turned down on three occasions, he never mentioned turning it down, so I doubt he has turned it down several times. Saying that Meath CB seem to be a bit of a shit show so who knows.

Only realising now that Kerry have been leading the combined roll of honour since 2014.

They have 39 All Irelands (38 football + 1 hurling) to our 37 (7 football + 30 hurling). I thought they had just eclipsed it but forgot they had a hurling.

Only realising now that Kerry have been leading the combined roll of honour since 2014.

They have 39 All Irelands (38 football + 1 hurling) to our 37 (7 football + 30 hurling). I thought they had just eclipsed it but forgot they had a hurling.

38 out of 134 (football) I think it is.

Dublin closed the gap in football with their recent dominance but still 8 behind.

Incredible numbers really.

Yerra. No hurling for 120 years, zero international soccer caps, not a single olympic medal since the foundation of the state and a half decent rugby player once every 20 years, what else would they be at ;-)

38 out of 134 (football) I think it is.

Dublin closed the gap in football with their recent dominance but still 8 behind.

Incredible numbers really.
not really. if it was a league system whereby they had to beat even half of the country every year to get a title it’d be impressive. out of munster they’d have a game against us and one other game, some years a third. then they’d have game against a connacht team who may have only played twice up until that point, or an ulster side who for a long time were perennial no-hopers, or a leinster side who if it wasn’t dublin would have been in most cases another steam roll.

so four, sometimes five, meaningful games to win a trophy. nope. not for me. i’ll admit you can only play the system put in front of you but the all-ireland is a joke of a competition.

how many hurling titles do galway have? eight or nine? and you until recently they’d play a token provincial final and a semi final befor the big one. three games and fuck all to show for it.

i know it’s been bandied about before but an NFL style conference system would do the game the power of good.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Beth Orton
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

8th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..

Chris Kent and Gearóid Farrelly

The White Horse, Tomorrow @ 8pm

More events ▼