The County Board Complaints Thread

Does Frank Need To Go

• Total voters
Obviously the fairest way and what looks best from the outside is to split evenly to the clubs but is there any real point when there are so many clubs in Cork?

If there are approximately 260 GAA clubs in Cork and I'm going to take a guess at the number of camogie and ladies football at about 120 clubs then that's a total of 380 clubs across the 3 organisations.

Split the €1m out and each club gets a little over €2,500. Not to dismiss that amount as it would of course be a help to clubs but Id be in favour of building another 4G pitch as another poster mentioned or putting it to a greater use in a facility many teams could benefit from.

The unfortunate situation is also that it could be used to service the debt by I have a feeling the county board wouldn't like the optics of that. They will feel they have to spread it to the clubs but will pull back on funding somewhere else we don't see and therefore the €1m will ultimately go the servicing the debt.
Ya that's my thinking on it. I'd say there is more than 120 ladies clubs so probably nearer €2,000 at best for each club. It's good money when you didn't expect it. But I wonder by keeping it as a million lump sum could it be used to put something in place that can be used for years to come by all clubs in the county, male and female.

Already the soccer crowd are giving out stink (there’s always begrudgers) pointing out repetitively that he gives nothing to Limerick FC yet it’s totally oblivious to them that a billionaire was paying national team managers wages for years hence it was the FAI’s responsibility to look after Limerick FC.
Only idiots point that out, any genuine Limerick City fan acknowledges that only for JP's 1.5 million generosity they wouldn't be playing in Market's Field.

€2k per club per club is great but in reality 2k isn’t worth anything in the grand scheme of things.

I like the idea of an Astro in a central location benefits everyone also helps raise more money.

But you can be sure no such forward thinking will take place.

€2k per club per club is great but in reality 2k isn’t worth anything in the grand scheme of things.

I like the idea of an Astro in a central location benefits everyone also helps raise more money.

But you can be sure no such forward thinking will take place.

Do people even read the news or just fire of stupid posts here for the sake of it.
"The McManus foundation has requested email confirmation from each county, indicating the name of every club that benefits and how much it receives."

The money is for clubs not the county board, they're just charged with distributing it.

EVENT GUIDE - HIGHLIGHT
Colin Geddis - Overkill
Cyprus Avenue, Caroline St.

15th Jun 2024 @ 7:00 pm
More info..
More events ▼